What's new

Joris Shaving Soap

It can be found at Colonial Drug in Cambridge MA and is truly an awesome soap!
This was my first shaving soap after the Col. Conk shaving soaps

I found this to be distinctly different, much more frothy.

I like the joris shaving soap a lot more.

I got it as a gift and it came from a shaving shop in Paris France.

i don't have a lot to compare it to so i gave it all tens.
I have a puck of Joris too & love it. It is made in England & fits nicely dome side up in a Tupperware bowl. Great skin care. Tricky to find sometimes in the US. Only downside I can see is you gotta work it good to get a decent lather but once it's there, it's top shelf. :thumbup:
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Price:I don't know the price, because I received the soap (a refill) as a gift from Atkinsons of Vancouver. That's why I gave it 0. I put the soap in a 3" ramekin and it fit fine. No need to buy the expensive bowl.

Quality:It's right up there with the other high-end British soaps that I've used.

Scent:The scent is light and clean. It is not overpowering and it will not interfere with cologne.

Lather: The lather is very rich and creamy. It stays moist throughout my entire 3-pass shave plus touch-ups.

Efficacy: It lubricates my face very well and makes shaving a pleasure.

Moisturizing: In general, triple-milled soaps are not as moisturizing as creams and Joris is no exception. My face feels quite comfortable after using it, however. I use alum block followed by Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner after I shave, so moisturization is not that big a deal for me.

I am surprised that a soap of this quality has not been reviewed before. Joris is a great soap in my rotation.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)