What's new

Jojoba Oil

Here is a really good suggestion for using this oil.

:smile: Recommendation:

This actually works perfectly as a moisture enhancer in something like a shampoo or bodywash. I have Nature's Gate tea tree shampoo, which is great but way too drying... i added one tablespoon of this to the entire bottle, shook it up, and it disolved very well. Now my shampoo doesnt dry me out anymore. Also, this way you can have the benefit of the oil without the fuss of getting oil everywhere.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
This stuff works great for your final pass of shaving or touching up. I also rub some in my scalp after showering, great for your hair! Pick up 4oz at Trader Joes for $6.99 Great Deal!!!!!!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
2 that i have used it for... I had my earlobes stretched and the piercer told me to use jojoba oil to help soften the lobes to allow them to stretch and not tear... So I did. It worked wonders (I have since taken out my plugs and let my holes close) At the time I researched jojoba and found out that it helps clear up psoriasis. My father had a bad case of it on his knees and had tried every medication out there.... When I bought hima bottle he reluctantly tried it and was amazed at how fast it worked in clearing it up. To this day I use it daily after the shower and sometimes as a pre shave oil.... I love it...
I typically use this stuff at night after I wash my face. I only use 3 or 4 drops and thats enough to cover my entire face.

After use, my face remains a little tacky and shiny for a few minutes, but that soon goes away, and my skin feels and looks great.

I've tried it as an aftershave. It's obviously really moisturizing but don't look at it for stopping razor burn.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Jojoba Oil is one of those "natural" oils that is said to be somewhat similar to your body's natural oil, and because of that, Jojoba is great for many purposes....including oil-production control and moisturization of the skin. I use it for the latter of those two. I've heard of people even using this as a pre-shave oil, though I've never needed to use it for this benefit.

Jojobal Oil is great for application to the body after your shower, as it helps to replenish lost moisture and soaks in very well without leaving a greasy feel.

The only drawback is that it is oil, and can be messy. The bottle I have is "press-down" to open flip top, and it leaves a mess on the counter every time I use it.

Overall: :thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
proxy.php

I had a tough decision trying to decide whether this product needed to be reviewed as an a/s type product or a skin & body care type product. Since jojoba oil is not restricted to a/s use, I decided it best fit this category.

Price - This 4 oz. bottle was purchased from a Whole Foods grocery store and cost around $10. Considering the small amount needed per application, 4 oz. should really last quite some time.

Moisturizing/Quality/Efficacy - Inconceivably Great! When viewed at a molecular level, jojoba oil is nearly identical to sebum, an oil that is naturally secreted by your skin. What could be better for your skin than an oil that it already produces? - During colder weather, my skin tends to get very dry and itchy. This is one of the few products I have found that provides any significant relief.

Packaging - No awards are being handed out in this area. While the packaging and label are very mundane, it does at least have an easy to use spout (product must be squeezed out, not poured).

Over the past few weeks, I have really enjoyed experimenting with this product. I have primarily used it on my face in conjunction with other a/s products, but have also used it as a body lotion after either mixing it with pure vegetable glycerin, another lotion, and/or Rosehip Seed Oil.

The only note of caution when using this product is, less is more. Getting too much product can make your skin look oily (because it is). The product is, however, easy to "dumb down" if you do over-apply. It can be toweled off or you can apply a dusting of Talc which will remove any shiny/oily look or feel.

My favorite combination with this product is Rosehip Seed Oil and then a followup with shaving talc. On days where I use this combo after a shave (which are outnumbering the days when I don't), my face stays incredibly soft and healthy looking for the remainder of the day. I will also re-apply this combination, minus the talc, after washing my face in the evening / before going to bed.

Overall, it's a great product for skin health.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)