What's new

Jason 6-in-1 Beard and Skin Therapy Shaving Lotion

I use this only after I ahve shaved for a bot of additional moisturizing, essentially as a light after shave balm. Leaves my skin nice all day.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Most has been said already. I use it for a single pass in the office. I have a very sensitive skin, but no irritation here. Must be beginners luck, as I have never cutted or nicked myself in a DE shave sofar (touch wood). So this one is no exception.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I picked up a bottle of this shaving lotion while looking for the ASB (thinking it was the ASB...boy was I surprised when I got home!), and decided to give it a go.

It goes on well, and is obviously a much faster application, as it does not lather (hence the 0 lather score, but it's not SUPPOSED to lather), which would make it great for 1 pass shaves, quick shaves, or even a travel shave (if you don't want to be bothered to bring a brush with you). However, for multiple pass shaves, it takes a lot of the lotion (1 squirt per pass, IMO). Also, since it doesn't lather, I had a harder time keeping track of where I had shaved already.

Having said that, it glides well, and by the start of the third pass my skin felt tingly - not burning, sort of a minty tingle. Afterwards, my skin felt nice and fresh, I had no nicks, and my brushes were all still dry. It really only shaved off about 5-10 minutes of my shave time, and I honestly missed the massaging feel of a brush on my face.

Conclusion: good for travel or a quick shave, good on the skin, too much product for regular use (IMO).
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Thanks for the review. I have seen this at health food stores and up-market grocery stores and have been tempted to try it. I may by a tube for my travel kit, but like you, I really enjoy the whole process of using a brush and lather, even though I have used several other brushless products that are as good or better than my soaps or cremes.
I, like most of you, enjoy (adore, live for) the brush, bowl, and lather routine. Occasionally -- usually because my wife buys me a "gift" -- I will try some organic, froo-froo brushless product from an organic, froo-froo store. So far, my record of disliking such products has been perfect. Not only do they provide less enjoyable shaving experiences, but the final result is not as satisfactory as with a good soap or cream.

I wish it were not so, but I have discovered a brushless lotion that provides a truly outstanding shave. No record lasts forever. Last week, my wife picked up a bottle of Jason 6-in-1 Beard and Skin Therapy All Natural Shaving Lotion from a Whole Foods. I have now used it twice, and I must admit that it performs as well as the finest products I have used. One slathers it on with one's fingers. A little goes a long way. It has a light, pleasant, soapy scent that doesn't linger at all. It doesn't have much viscosity, so it will dribble onto your chest if you use too much. It has tiny jojoba balls in it that provide a slight graininess -- not at all unpleasant.

I find that I am able to shave very closely with this lotion without any incident. It is not at all greasy, but it lubricates remarkably well. In three passes this morning I got one of the best BBS's I have gotten in a long time. My face feels moist and supple.

Mind you, I began with a real bias against all such products. I have probably thrown away six of seven of them after one or two uses. But this one is a keeper. I will be traveling next week, and I'll take this product along. It's just easier than the brush and bowl while on the road. It will never replace soaps and creams at home, but it is the best of its kind I have experienced.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)