What's new

Japanese Frameback: Hairop

ZethLent;1280330 said:
I would like to mirror my comments that I posted above with regard to the HAYASHI MARTEN SIDI version of this type of razor.

Again it took an edge very nicely and the shave was smooth like butter.

Very Nice.

displayimage.php
proxy.php

Where did you guys buy these from ?

Notice the second one has a Henckel looking logo . Cool indeed .

cityjim
Where did you get them?
I posted about these Japanese framebacks a while back and ended up getting some. I kept one and two others now have one.

It came to me in near NOS condition. I don't know if it was ever used but it was in very good shape when I got it.

The razor is a frameback style razor that Japanese Barbers once used. The box says it is Swedish steel, I am not sure if that is true, but it is a posibility.

The razor blade portion is very thin and has a lot of flex. I honed it as I do all of my razors, a combination of lapping film and my Chosera hones and decded to finish it on the CroOx. I waited a couple of days before using it. I finally used it this morning.

Because the blade is so thin I was thinking it would be a noisy shaver but it has turned out that in not the case. Perhaps it is because it is so keen.

The razor slid/cut through my wiskers, litterally like a hot knife through butter. No noise just pure heaven. It left the first pass of my shave nearly BBS. I did my typical second pass and called it quits. My routine is WTG and a XTG only.

No irritation just a smooth slick face.

If you have the chance to try one of these I definately recomend it.

It will not dissapoint.

proxy.php
Price
5.00 star(s)
Lasting Edge
1.00 star(s)
Craftsmanship
4.00 star(s)
Easy to Sharpen
5.00 star(s)
Easy to Maintain
5.00 star(s)