What's new

J.R. Liggett's Old Fashioned Shampoo

Pros: Lathers easily, no SLS or detergents, all natural
A great, all-natural shampoo bar. I was nervous about using a bar of soap to wash my hair...I though it might be drying. Well, it's not. It leaves my hair clean, soft, and manageable. I can go a day without washing my hair again (just rinsing) and it still feels good. My scalp feels less itchy and less dry. I will keep using this as my only shampoo. I don't need a conditioner. Very highly recommended!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Lasts a long time, nice lather
Cons: irritated my scalp
I used this product for about a month, and I wanted to like it. It's a great idea...especially for travel. The bar is hard and lasts a very long time. Excellent lather. I did find that I still needed to use a conventional hair conditioner, or my hair would not lie well on my head. After a few weeks of use, however, I noticed that my scalp became intensely itchy, and I decided to discontinue using this shampoo bar. After switching back to a conventional shampoo, the scalp itching and irritation disappeared immediately. A minor complaint I had was a faint odor on my towel after drying my hair. I presume that this product leaves a bit of a residue in the hair and that this transfers to the towel. I would not recommend this product. I am now using a shampoo bar with a very mild scent made by Lush. I have not had any adverse effects from the Lush product.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Have been using this for some weeks now, after having read about it here. Works great: my hair feels good and clean. Good price and availability. Will stick to it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
I too have been using this shampoo for about 6 months and find it to be a great product. It is especially great for travel -- and you don't need a conditioner.

Dick
I've been using this shampoo for nearly a year now with no complaints. Very easy to use and I find it a good value considering it's $5 per bar with each bar lasting 2 months or more with daily use.

The shampoo/soap is very high quality and has never damaged my hair or irritated my scalp. Easily rinses away when finished. The lather it produces is very thick and a little goes a long way. A few rubs on the top of my head produces more than enough lather. Granted I'm not sporting a pony tail down to my waist so more may be needed as conditions warrant.

I have used three of the four flavors and all are listed as uncented. There is a herbal scented bar but I have not tried it yet. The scent is mild and smell like soap.

My only recommendation is to allow the soap to dry between uses. The manufacture offers a little wooden drying rack that includes a bar of the shampoo. I'm using one of the little stick on the wall soap holders. If you don't allow it to dry the bar stays soft and is used up in less than half the normal time.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)