What's new

Italian Floid

Pros: Discrete scent.
Cons: Non
A very discrete scent for when you dont want to be smelt a mile off. I prefer this to the Proraso splash as it is milder and more soothing. It leaves my skin with a pleasantly soft and powdery finnish with no irritation. I chose that I would recommend this but for some reason it says that I don't at the top.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
A real classic barbershop powdery scent. Looks as good as it performs.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I have this 400ml bottle for about 2 weeks and it's a great aftershave. I have the blue floid which I love also so I really wanted to give this a try. I thought the blue floid would be more menthol and cooling but not so, this is far more. When I first sniffed the bottle I thought the scent was abit sweet for me. Not so, when applied to a freshly shaven face you get very little burn followed by a lovely cooling sensation and your face is left powdery soft. To me the scent is sweet and musky but doesn't last that long. I find this very moisturizing for an aftershave splash and unless you have dry skin it's all that is needed to finish your shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I am basically commenting on a decant I got from Superlather a while ago and never got around to trying, Shame on me! However I can draw conclusions.

I realize this stuff is dirt cheap across the Atlantic, but here in the US of A it's unusual and shipping charges pump the price up. I guess we have to accept that just as you have to accept it on our exports. Despite that the price for such a good product is very fair indeed. I mean, c'mon. $36 for 400mL??? That's half of what Speick splash costs! Granted I don't think it has all the goodies in it that Speick does, but it works well and the scent is out of this world. VERY barbershop and it lasts far longer than Speick. The menthol kick is very mild and it leaves your face feeling good. I also had NO alcohol burn from this. Zero. Nada. None whatsoever. And I used canned foam for my shave!

The only other aftershave I have used that lasts scent-wise this long is Musgo Real. However the scent of Musgo is not as good to my nose, and Musgo can be sticky.

So this is on my buy list.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
proxy.php

Price
For a 400ml bottle I guees £ 15.90 is not bad at all

Quality
Top shelf! I really dig the bottle

Fights Razor Burn
Not as efficiant as a balm, but pretty good for an alcohol based after shave

Cooling Sensation
Nice and strong menthol kick without being too strong

Scent
Amazing old school barbershop scent. I am a sucker for this classic stuff, the yellow Floid is my favourite so far. The scent lingers for about 2-3 houers or so

Efficacy
A highly efficant product, a 400ml bottle will last a long time

Moisturizing
It isn't really, but of all the alcohol based after shaves I have tried this dryes out my skin the least

No Alcohol Burn
It has some burn, but not too strong

This is one og those classic products that never goes out of fashion.
If I have any gripes with this product it is the fact that it only comes in 400ml bottles, a 200ml bottle would be a nice option.

Regards.

Jakob
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I love this stuff! I just wish the fragrance lasted longer.. Sweet and powdery and moderately cooling. I'll always have some in rotation as long as it's available.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I just received a bottle of this from a colleague who travelled to our plant near Verona. Heavy bugger, I bet shipping would be outrageous. The bottle itself was 20.60 Euros for 400mL.

I would agree with the description of the scent as being "Old Barbershop", it is a great scent I really like it. I get no alcohol burn when applying.

I rate this up with Pinaud as a classic, although I remember I was in college when they switched to plastic bottles and I did not care for that scent as much after.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Italian Personified

This is the After Shave I grab when I’m going for a touch of the “Old Country,” as my olfactory senses instantly transport me to an Italian Barbershop (even my girlfriend commented one day after I had finished slathering this all over my mug: “It smells like a barbershop in here!”). I typically describe the scent as powdery-anise.

Italian Floid also has an amazing feel to your skin. It is exceptionally cooling, and reportedly has a lower alcohol content than a standard alcohol-based Aftershave (per Intercosmo’s [manufacturer] website):

"The genuine" After-Shave:
Lotion formulated with natural extracts and a low percentage of alcohol.
§ It's the forerunner of the entire line.
§ Fresh and pleasant fragrance thanks to the menthol in the formula.
§ Performs a moisturizing and hydrating action on the skin.
§ A lotion with a low percentage of alcohol and natural extracts.
§ Soothes redness and irritations.

Yes, it does a wonderful job of soothing redness and irritation. And it does this very quickly. Less than 5 minutes after applying this, your face will be cleared of most redness/irritation. It will also leave your skin BS (baby soft) and nicely moisturized.

The only downside to this aftershave is that its extremely difficult to source, available only from overseas retailers, and it comes packaged in a very heavy glass bottle. Shipping can be exorbitant.

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO DISCUSS ITALIAN FLOID IF NOT RANKING IT. THANK YOU
Top Bottom