What's new

Issy's Peppermint Bath Soap

I ordered a few bars of Issy's soap after reading the favorable comments online and kicked off my experience with the "Ol' Spice"...in one word AWESOME!!! I'm looking forward to the Peppermint once the weather warms up!:em2300::em2200:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
The Issy soap is easily, hands-down, one of my favorite bath soaps. (number two would be Muller's Lane from Mama Bear) I use a washcloth with it, and generate mounds of lather with it. I have never experienced this level of moisturization with a bar of soap...and I have tried dozens of them. Not a joke - go to your local whole foods and take a look in the soap aisle - I have tried them all.

This beats them all out in the moisturizing department, bang for your buck, scent, latherability, and efficacy.

So far I have tried:

Almond
Jerry Garcia

The garcia bar was the first I tried, and I liked it so much I immediately ordered the almond. I now am buying a third bar that she has re-stocked.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Since being introduced to proper wet-shaving I've found that I like to try new things all the time. When Mama Bear announced that she was going to be selling traditional country soaps from people she knew and trusted then I was all for giving a bar or two a go.

I will be up front in that this bar is a mixed bag *BUT* I do not regret trying this bar of soap from start to finish. This is clearly a case where your mileage may vary!! Please, try this or another Issy soap and I hope you have an excellent experience! :thumbup1:

Price: $6.99 plus tax and shipping will get you a bar of this soap. I think this price is a good deal overall for size and quality. The price rating is marked a little lower since the bar did not last as long as some other bars I have tried (Nancy Boy, etc). However, this could be a matter of comparing apples and oranges in terms of soap construction.

Quality: It was clear to me that Issy takes pride in his soap making. The bar seems to be so loaded with ingredients that it actually looks and feels heavier in the hand than its 6oz might imply. He has worked hard to make this a high quality soap that could probably be used on any skin type. Plus, once you see the patterns in the soap you'll understand that each bar is probably unique in some way.

Latherability: Mama Bear touts Issy's soap as providing a luxurious lather but I was not able to generate anything more than a few brief bubbles when using my bar. I could see the slickness of the soap when it went over a patch of skin but there were no rampaging hordes of lather bubbles chasing after the bar. Perhaps this is due to my local water or a quirky bar but again, your mileage may vary!

Moisturizing: Hands down amazing. I felt like I had a suit of moisturizing armor on all day from the time I exited the shower to late afternoon. If you have used the Nancy Boy Facial Moisturizing then you will have an idea of how similar your skin will feel after using this soap. The moisturizing effect will take a shower or two to begin as the parts of the soap that have been exposed to air need to be washed away so the fresh soap can have contact with your skin.

Scent: This is a very dry peppermint which would have been good had the scent on my bar lasted longer than three minutes once out of the wrapper. Under hot water there would be very random fleeting moments of a whiff of peppermint but otherwise all I would get were whiffs of what I presume to be the sunflower oil in the soap. To me, a disappointment especially after such high hopes.

Efficacy: If you need moisturizing, you need this soap.

Packaging: Plastic wrapper with a little sticker label.

I'm not done with Issy or his soap. He does a great job in the moisturizing department and I am willing to try another of his soaps in the future. :thumbup1:

===

Ingredients:

Made with oils of avocado, coconut, grapeseed, olive, palm oil, sunflower oil and peppermint essential oil

===

Discussion thread: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=162215#post162215
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)