What's new

Irisch Moos

Pros: Scent
Cons: Not a cooler
I paid € 17.96 for 150ml, that's the big bottle. With the current rate that's about $ 23. Price: it isn't a heavy competitor with other brands, but it isn't expensive either. Good prize. The 150ml bottle should last you a decent time. Scent is FANTASTIC! This is very personal, but I love it. It is woodsy, but light. Clearly pine trees and moss but some other notes as well. It is light and sophisticated, reminding of a forest and a bit sweet. Very well balanced. If you wanted to describe it you could simply call it a gentleman's stroll in the woods. There's no strong cooling sensation. It moisturizes ok, but nothing spectacular. Not much of alcohol burn either, a light burn. However, scent is, by far, it's strongest point and it does have some staying power. Try it, you will smell fantastic! They also have a eau de toilette. Overall, a solid 9 out of 10.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Not a great "performer"---doesn't put out blazing razor burn, no big menthol blast, conditions your face but not moisturizing like a balm, and if you want the burn of alcohol, forget it.

BUT... IM splash smells great, very much like the soap & cream. "Manly and Serene" is how the box describes it, which is perfect. I wanted to try this to extend the fresh scent of IM soap a little beyond the shave, and that's what IM splash does.

Don't get me wrong---it makes your face feel really nice after you splash it on. But for me, the strength is what it does to my olfactory & attached brain---it makes me feel great. If that's "efficacy," then I give it a 10!

Oh, yes...it has become much more available recently...
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
i didn't try it myself, but you can find it in Croatia without any problem, i didn't know that it's so hard to find it, maybe I'll buy it now...
My dad used to have a bottle around in the late sixties/early seventies.

Loved the smell back then and I am really happy this stuff is re-introduced by the makers of Tabac.

It works like any decent AS; a little burn followed by a warm comforting glow and scent-wise a great match with the Irisch Moos shaving soap. Mild but long lasting; it might be a love or hate scent.

Easy to come by in the Netherlands; schlecker.com is a rather cheap provider and shipment is free when you order for more than 15 euro.

This stuff is what I use most these days and even my 7 year old son is raving about it.

If you can get a bottle of this stuff don't hesitate; grab it!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
If it doesn't fight razor burn, doesn't cool, and doesn't moisturize, how is it a good aftershave and why is it worth so much money?
Price: I paid 12.99 € for a 150 mL bottle in Germany. That comes out to about $18.16 and 12 cents per mL. The price is fine, considering this is a quality European after shave. For comparison, Irisch Moos after shave costs three times what Aqua Velva does per mL.

Quality: Irisch Moos comes in an elegant glass bottle. The quality of the after shave is good.

Fights Razor Burn: It's so-so here. If you want an after shave that fights razor burn well, look somewhere else.

Cooling Sensation: I did not notice a cooling sensation.

Scent: The scent is very good. The scent smells fresh, clean, and a little like a forest. I wish I could describe the scent better, but you'll have to see for yourself.

Efficacy: I used a little bit and it was enough for my face.

Moisturizing: My face felt nice and healthy, but I think that was from the Irisch Moos shaving cream I used. I'll mark this as N/A.

No Alcohol Burn: The alcohol burn was very minimal.

Final thoughts: I enjoyed the Irisch Moos after shave and will be purchasing it again. It was definitely worth the price and will be a staple in my rotation.

Where to purchase: I believe your best bet here would be Amazon or the B/S/T. Some have mentioned Alpine Importers. Super Lather sells decants of it[/url]. Your best bet may be to plan a trip to Germany.

proxy.php
proxy.php
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)