What's new

Irisch Moos Shaving Cream

Price. Dinged it big time here. Yeah, it's really great stuff. But being in the US we get nailed badly for even cheap shave creams and I'm not gonna lie - you can get effective shave creams for a fraction of the price of Irisch Moos. If you can get it cheap in other countries, awesome. I will buy it because it works and I'd like to keep it in rotation, but I won't buy a lot because there are other creams that work just as well and are much cheaper. Frasers for instance.

Quality. No arguments there. Great stuff.

Scent. Ummm, yeah. It has a scent. It's not my beloved yummy limes or Speick green scent or anything. A dirty, earthy scent. Not bad, but not something to make me say awwww, yeah.

Latherability - whoa. Man does this stuff lather. Awesome. Tons of lather with no problem at all.

Efficacy. Works great. Feels as slick and comfortable as a lanolin based cream. Nice stuff. Very good shave.

Mositurizing - doesn't dry me out. Good deal.

Packaging. A tube. So what? :)

Worth it? No. Not in the US. Not as a practical matter. Not when there are creams like Frasers available. But if you want a really effective cream that you won't find just anywhere in the US, and you have the spare change, go for it. If you are one of the fortunate souls that can get this for what it's actually worth, buy it!
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Brothers nailed it. Great stuff, and I love the smell.
The scent is pleasant. It is not overpowering like Tabac. It doesn't hit you in the nose. I am just a guy, and never an authority on what stuff smells like. It is masculine, but it reminds me a little bit of a newly mowed field right after a gentle rain.

I don't think it is flowery, but in general, considering that most growing things produce flowers, then in that sense it is pleasantly reminescent of flowering plants, including the nearby areas where things are blooming in the late spring or early summer. That, to me, is always pleasant and refreshing.

The fragrance of Irisch Moos might be described as being somehow related generally to Musgo Real's fragrance. Musgo's is kind of musky, where Irisch Moos's fragrance is more mossy or grassy. Needless to say, I like it and look forward to smelling it.

I face-lather, so after soaking my face, I squeezed out about a 3/4 to 1 inch long dab of the Cream onto my badger brush that had been soaking in warm water, after the excess water was shaken out. I went straight to my face, and worked it and pumped it vigorously for a few moments, taking a couple of dips of the tips of the brush into warm water, in order to add more water to the lather, as it grew.

Irisch Moos Cream is a very light green in color, somewhat similar to Palmolive Classic and Musgo Real.

The lather that it created was luxurious and firm, not watery or runny. It lasted through 3 full passes, as I wanted to draw the shave out as long as possible, for two reasons, 1) to test it, and 2) because it was a very much anticipated shave, and I was enjoying it. The lather on my face didn't get thick or dry out. The lather in the brush did not wilt or wither in the heat of the shaving scuttle. When I re-lathered for the subsequent passes, I dipped the tips of the brush quickly into the hot water, and the lather never diminished, or failed to keep my face and the brush loaded with lather.

I paid strict attention to the cushion and the texture of the lather. It was remarkable. The lubrication was high, and the cushion never faltered. I was using a new blade in a new-to-me Gillette Tech, and I made sure to take my time and go with the grain, across the grain, and finally, against the grain. No cuts, no nicks, nothing damaging to my skin whatsoever.

After I finished, I grasped the bristle of the brush and forced all remaining lather up onto the back of my hand, and I had plenty of rich, firm left over lather to wash my entire face with it, allowing it to sit there a few more moments while I rinsed the scuttle and the brush out. After washing the lather off I noticed how moisturized my face was. There was absolutely no drying. The ingredients of Irisch Moos seem to reflect several things that are good for your skin. The manufacturer has taken pains to make Irisch Moos Shaving Cream something that is good for your skin.

I hope that the product finds wide acceptance and becomes readily available to those of us who enjoy and appreciate shaving with dependable high quality creams.

Because of the very close relationship between Tabac and Irisch Moos, before I was able to smell it, I was very concerned about the fragrance of Irisch Moos. I can now honestly say that the manufacturer has provided us with a comparable, if not better, product, in the form of Irisch Moos Shaving Cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)