What's new

Inis Cologne Spray

I just purchased this fragrance recently and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! It smells exactly like Issey Miyake's 'L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme, but lighter and with less "tang" to it; the lemon and marine top notes are clean, fresh and crisp while the woody-clove dry-down make it a perfectly masculine scent. It is an easy scent to wear whether to the office, on the weekends or a casual night on the town. I highly recommend this fragrance!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I used to live in Ireland, and Inis was a big tourist souvenir item in shops everywhere across the country. Not sure if it is anymore, but if so, good for Inis!

The thing with Inis is, it's kind of weak. Silage is poor to fair, and after an hour or so it's really a skin-hugger. That said, I think it's a unique scent, very fresh, somewhat citrus and aquatic, but having spent considerable time in the Irish countryside, I believe it captures the fresh sea air nicely. This is a pleasant after-shower cologne that I wouldn't wear at night, or really out to anything special, but on a casual day it's just fine.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Sampled this today. For me, the high notes dominate a little too much. I tend to prefer a darker, spicier scent. The staying power was OK. Pretty strong at first, but a couple of hours later, just barely a hint remains. I think its a good scent, just not for me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I too am intrigued by this fragrance. It does smell somewhat like Truefitt and Hill 1805, but as mentioned in the above review, might not be as complex.

Although I have only tried a sample, I will be purchasing a bottle of this from my local Celtic store in the extremely near future.

Good review above too!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
Inis being Gaelic in origin meaning isle, or island hopes to evoke images of the sea. It is a very natural smelling scent that hits more high notes than low notes. Clean, fresh and perhaps even a sea breeze come to mind. The website Basenotes lists it as being:

Top Notes
Sicilian Lemon, Bergamot, Neroli, Marine Notes,

Middle Notes
Muguet, Geranium,

Base Notes
Cloves, Nutmeg, Sandalwood, Oakmoss, Musk

My feeling is that it might not be as complex as Truefitt and Hills 1805 but that's not a problem for me. On the whole, the Truefitt and Hills scents feel rather cloying to me where Inis does not.

If lightness and freshness in a cologne are qualities that you enjoy I'm guessing that you'll like Inis. I've used it for four days now and have gotten compliments from the fairer sex several times. I like Inis and will continue to use it. Probably better in the summer months than winter but that's not a problem for me as I live in SoCal where winters don't exist.
Top Bottom