What's new

Ingrams brushless

Item Description

i've been trying to get a brushless cream for my dad as he'll never go back to using a brush but i want something better than canned foam he uses.

Ingrams brushless is better than the version Boots sell but it's still so far away from being good enough for my old man.

nice menthol hit at the end of the shave when you rinse off, but that aside i think i'm going to have to give up my search and find the best canned foam/gel for him.

Noxema?

Latest reviews

Unfortunately production of this this product has been discontinued since about 2008. However, NOS stock is still readily available as Ingram brushless is somewhat of a niche product and does not appear to have a strong following. The prices are still OK, but for 100ml per tube the price of Barbasol brushless and Lucky Tiger are better value for money.

Somewhat unusually for this forum, I love brushless creams but they are not particularly popular. Obviously if you prefer a lathering cream any brushless cream will inevitably disappoint. The benefits of brushless creams are excellent glide properties and superior moisturizing capabilities compared to lather creams and these are the qualities I look for when I use a brushless product.

So how does Ingram brushless stack up? Before beginning I should note that Ingram's brushless has a totally different scent from the regular blue tube of Ingrams lather cream. The blue tube has a much stronger scent and more powerful menthol blast, so anyone expecting this cream to be the same as the regular Ingram cream only a brushless version will most likely be disappointed. The two creams are totally different animals.

Ingram brushless provides a good cushion and good glide. I would say it is better than Barbasol brushless in this regard. It is a very protective cream. Unlike the blue version the menthol in this version is noticeable but really very mild. In fact you feel it more when you do the cold water rinse. Subjectively the menthol makes the shave a little bit easier, but do not expect to get some kind of strong menthol blast with this product.

The cream is moisturizing to some extent, but I would say it slightly lags behind Lucky Tiger Molle in this regard. The product does not contain lanolin or other moisturizers, but relies on its glycerin base to provide its moisturizing properties. Unlike the blue version this one can be stored in warm environment with no problems about separation.

Unlike some brushless creams Ingram green washes easily off of your razor and does not clog, while shaving.

All in all decent stuff, which should be in any brushless rotation.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
i've been trying to get a brushless cream for my dad as he'll never go back to using a brush but i want something better than canned foam he uses.

Ingrams brushless is better than the version Boots sell but it's still so far away from being good enough for my old man.

nice menthol hit at the end of the shave when you rinse off, but that aside i think i'm going to have to give up my search and find the best canned foam/gel for him.

Noxema?
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability