What's new

Ingram shaving cream

I wanted to like this cream, but it didn't happen.

1. Runny consistency is a total turnoff.
2. It lathered REALLY well though.
3. Smelled great
4. felt great on face.
5. lather started disappearing fast while on face.
6. Felt like I was dryshaving by the end of the first pass.
7. left my face feeling great. not too dry, not too moist.

Overall, it's a pleasant cream, but I was expecting a much bigger menthol kick. I also don't like the way it dries up in about 45 seconds.

Even my lather bowl was pretty much dry by the end.

Disappointed. I won't buy it again.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Lathers great and gives a good shave. Lovely fresh scent I really like. However what others describe as a cooling sensation I percieve as burning, I really can't stand having it on my skin for any length of time, guess it must be the menthol (seems to irritate me). If you like menthol this is worth a try - definitely a great cream at a bargain price, unfortunately not for me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
If you like frosty, this is your date.

Two things stick out about this cream: Its freeziness and its scent.

The cold you experience is like taking a handful of snow and pressing it to your face, so lovers of the Nordic regions should wallow in it. A must for those who live in hot, humid climes.

The scent is definately "soapy". I liken it to BORAX, which I find agreeable and reminds me of my childhood.

Could be a bit drying on the skin, but the shaves with this have been very good and close. The lather is rich and thick and goes on nicely.

I understand from an online vendor who sells it that the company who makes this is discontinuing it. They have a green version, which I suppose is the menthol version (?), but that will still be made. What is perplexing is that the Blue (being now discusssed) actually outsells the green. Go figure that logic?

A nice cream.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
After reading positive reviews, I picked up a tube at Pasteur in New York for $10. Your first reaction in compare Ingram to Proraso. It on par but a little different. The menthol is a little stronger. The scent reminds me of hot tea with lemon. It comes in a smaller tube which yields fewer shaves but is good for travel.
Nice mellow scent, super rich lather compared to Proraso and Noxzema. These have been the only creams I've tried. Erasmic tomorow.

Very pleasant product to use.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
A fantastic budget product. Lathers easily, smells good, gives a nice mentholated shave. In terms of efficacy it is a less slick cream and would suit straight shavers. If you have never tried it you are missing a trick. It also contains lanolin so it has very good moisturising properties. For the price its impossible to beat.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I hadn't heard of Ingrams before but spotted it in John Lewis. It was only £1.65 for a 100ml tube and at that price it's worth a punt. This is really good stuff and an absolute bargain at this price. My favourite shave cream is Trumper's Rose but Ingrams will be used on days when I need a bit of a boost as the menthol kick is stimulating and very cooling.

If they charged double the price for this it would still be cheap. Recommended.
Purchased a tube of this for £1.69 (about $3.26) from a local store, and was taken aback at how good it was.

Lathers well and gave a great shave. Not an unpleasent smell, and is now part of my rotation.

I would almost put it on a par with Proraso...but not quite.
Recommended you go get a tube!!:biggrin:
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Menthol Bomb

For a menthol kick, this stuff beats the pants off of Proraso (and without preservatives and other various chemicals). A top notch cream that I find a true joy to use and will definitely support the menthol habit...

Lathers very well, even right on the face.

It derives its scent from the contained menthol, which I find enjoyable.
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I remember I was in England a few years ago on a business trip, and I had to stop off at a pharmacy to buy some shampoo, and I'm sure I saw this cream, but I never thought of buying it. For quite a while, I was hooked on the 3 T's so I never gave the other English creams and soaps any thought, especially something like this one, because it's not expensive at all. It has a nice menthol scent, and very good lather, and a whopper of a cooling effect, which a tender skin would love. The moisturization is also very good, and not much cream is needed to get a rich lather. This is an excellent example of no-frills, or "traditional quality". I give it :thumbup:

Jeff
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability