What's new

In Step Safari Jogging Stroller

Item Description

NOTE: dont disregard this review if you only have a single baby...they make those too!

All,

As some of you know...I'm a Twins Parent. Which means if I can't find time to do the things I love juggling the twins...it doesn't get done!

As such, when my wife brought home the In Step Twins jogging stroller...I was in heaven. My biggest fear was whether or not it would be too heavy to run with.

Well...just took it for a 4+ mile run and here is the review!

Price:

At $200+ a pop...you're going to shell out for this sucker. We got it as a gift, but now that I know how it operates and how quality it is...I would definitely shell out the cash.

Quality:

When I ripped open the box, I was immediately impressed. This thing seemed solid...hearty weight, well put together metal and durable nylon. With twins, its all about simplicity...is it easy to put together? Does it clean easily? It has a view window, adjustable straps for the kiddos as well as incline adjustment...younger twins (mine are 5 months) or older will sit comfortably. The front swivel wheel is very well constructed, greased and swivels very smoothly. It also comes with a wheel lock...more on that in a minute...My one beef was the weight...this sucker is HEAVY to carry around ( 34lbs) and its very awkward to carry.

Value:

If value is determined as bang for the buck...this goes a long way. As a training marathoner, I need to find ways to incorporate the kiddos into the training. With this, I can easily do my shorter runs with them in tow. They typically sleep through the run....I get a run in...everyone wins! :thumbup1:

Durability:

I took this thing over curbs, in the woods on a gravel trail, up rocky embankments, over pretty thick roots in the trail etc. It took it all very smoothly, kiddos didn't complain at all and were happy throughout the trip! It has bicycle style wheels (pump not included) which really give a smooth ride. The front swivel wheel is clearly not for running (only walking). After about 500 feet I stopped, locked the wheel in place and kept running. The wheel swivels all over the place with the slightest movement (good function...just not for running).

Fit & Finish:

As I mentioned previously...this thing is built to last. Its very solid once built, and at first can give the impression that its weight will not work while jogging...but once you get the tires inflated and set...its smooth as glass! The handle is nice with a standard nerf like grip bar...only complaint is that when sweaty...you're likely to slip around on the handle a bit. Thankfully it also comes with a strap so the thing can't run away with you! The product also includes a bug net...useful on trails or in the woods to keep the bloodsuckers from stealing the life out of your young! :tongue_sm

Packaging:

Box was a bit beat up and leaning when we got it. I can't say if thats from the friends we received it from or not...but inside the packaging, the product and internal packaging was fine and protected the stroller very well.

All in all, I give this two thumbs up :thumbup: If you're a runner and have a kid (or kids) the In Step Jogging Stroller is for you! It really ups the workout too. Every incline you definitely know you're not running by yourself! :lol: That said, its smooth as glass on the straightaways. Downhill naturally you have to manage it somewhat to be sure it doesn't pull too much....its a bit like having a trailer attached to your arm and in front of you.

Its very easy to steer while running either one or two handed. I found that I had to alternate hands to keep up my pace and to avoid one arm getting tired. Up hills required two hands most of the time.

All in all great product!

Latest reviews

NOTE: dont disregard this review if you only have a single baby...they make those too!

All,

As some of you know...I'm a Twins Parent. Which means if I can't find time to do the things I love juggling the twins...it doesn't get done!

As such, when my wife brought home the In Step Twins jogging stroller...I was in heaven. My biggest fear was whether or not it would be too heavy to run with.

Well...just took it for a 4+ mile run and here is the review!

Price:

At $200+ a pop...you're going to shell out for this sucker. We got it as a gift, but now that I know how it operates and how quality it is...I would definitely shell out the cash.

Quality:

When I ripped open the box, I was immediately impressed. This thing seemed solid...hearty weight, well put together metal and durable nylon. With twins, its all about simplicity...is it easy to put together? Does it clean easily? It has a view window, adjustable straps for the kiddos as well as incline adjustment...younger twins (mine are 5 months) or older will sit comfortably. The front swivel wheel is very well constructed, greased and swivels very smoothly. It also comes with a wheel lock...more on that in a minute...My one beef was the weight...this sucker is HEAVY to carry around ( 34lbs) and its very awkward to carry.

Value:

If value is determined as bang for the buck...this goes a long way. As a training marathoner, I need to find ways to incorporate the kiddos into the training. With this, I can easily do my shorter runs with them in tow. They typically sleep through the run....I get a run in...everyone wins! :thumbup1:

Durability:

I took this thing over curbs, in the woods on a gravel trail, up rocky embankments, over pretty thick roots in the trail etc. It took it all very smoothly, kiddos didn't complain at all and were happy throughout the trip! It has bicycle style wheels (pump not included) which really give a smooth ride. The front swivel wheel is clearly not for running (only walking). After about 500 feet I stopped, locked the wheel in place and kept running. The wheel swivels all over the place with the slightest movement (good function...just not for running).

Fit & Finish:

As I mentioned previously...this thing is built to last. Its very solid once built, and at first can give the impression that its weight will not work while jogging...but once you get the tires inflated and set...its smooth as glass! The handle is nice with a standard nerf like grip bar...only complaint is that when sweaty...you're likely to slip around on the handle a bit. Thankfully it also comes with a strap so the thing can't run away with you! The product also includes a bug net...useful on trails or in the woods to keep the bloodsuckers from stealing the life out of your young! :tongue_sm

Packaging:

Box was a bit beat up and leaning when we got it. I can't say if thats from the friends we received it from or not...but inside the packaging, the product and internal packaging was fine and protected the stroller very well.

All in all, I give this two thumbs up :thumbup: If you're a runner and have a kid (or kids) the In Step Jogging Stroller is for you! It really ups the workout too. Every incline you definitely know you're not running by yourself! :lol: That said, its smooth as glass on the straightaways. Downhill naturally you have to manage it somewhat to be sure it doesn't pull too much....its a bit like having a trailer attached to your arm and in front of you.

Its very easy to steer while running either one or two handed. I found that I had to alternate hands to keep up my pace and to avoid one arm getting tired. Up hills required two hands most of the time.

All in all great product!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Value
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
xa_sc_review_field_title.fit_&_finish