What's new

I Coloniali Shaving Soap with Mango Oil by J&E Atkinsons

Pros: Incredible Scent and best Post shave feel ever!
Cons: price? not really though because worth every penny and more!
This is actually the best stuff ever! The scent is crazy amazing, but the best part is the post shave feel. I used this with a newer boar SOC and didn't get the best lather (due to the brush not being fully broken in yet) but I still had amazing slickness. I felt like I was a little hard on my skin but I woke up the next morning (night shaver) with no irritation and the smoothest feeling face I've ever had!
I will make sure this is in my den 100% of the time!!!
There isn't a matching aftershave that I know of, but I paired it with Razorock American Barber and it was a great match!

I'm ecstatic and felt I had to share it with someone since my wife just stares at me blankly when I gush to her about great shaving products LMAO!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Quality, BBS shave every time. The SCENT!!! 8)
This is truly a magnificent shaving soap. It leaves my skin smooth, calm, moisturised and touched by a slight menthol breeze.

The razor just glides across the skin and a nice, close shave is always assured.

The puck seems to be quite hard, so should last for ages, even in daily use.

Now the really good part, that SCENT!! :001_tt1: Rich, smokey mango is about the only way I can describe it, other than, absolutely delicious and manly. It lingers on my skin for quite a while, which is a good thing. :001_smile

I finish off with a splash of Thayers and a few drops of Musgo Real Aftershave Balm and my skin is definitely as smooth as the proverbial Bambino's.

At a pinch I could go without the post shave routine, but why should I, after all.......... I'm worth it!! :wink2:

Do yourself a big favour and get some of this for your kit
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I had first bought I Coloniali when I was on a trip to New Zealand in December, 2004. At that time, I thought it was the best soap I had ever used. It produced well protecting and creamy lather and was very moisturizing. As andrew98 said in his review, I also enjoyed the slight menthol cooling effect as I applied the lather to my face. I was sorry that I couldn't find it in the USA, but, recently, I Googled it and was pleased to find it at Bull Goose Shaving Supply http://www.bullgooseshaving.net/icomaoilshso1.html I bought some and it is all I remembered. The musky smell is great and it makes a great, well protecting lather. It remains one of my two favorites.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I am very impressed, this had been on my wish list for ages. When I finally got it, I waited sometime to use it until inspired by a thread. This soap (or cream) produces a thick lather, it doesn't lather easily as some others - Provence Santé etc. It delivered a really BBS shave, the lather provided protection. Maybe not as moisturising as a French Shea butter soap but worthy to be in anyones top 5. The scent is fine, but fleeting as with most creams/soaps.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I agree with everything said about this soap above.

The scent is like nothing I've smelt before, smoky clayish mango maybe? However the performance is outstanding! I rate it above Mwf, Trumpers, Cella, palmolive stick(just) and up there with my favorite soap, P160.

It behaves just like the best tallow soaps and provides a very comfortable shave. The slight menthol hit is welcoming and refreashing. As I lathered it up I knew it was gonna be good and it was, it was very good.

Comes very recommended!

Enjoy,
Kenno.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
An outstanding shaving soap! :thumbup1:
I love the smell, the leather is very protective and I get always a smooth shave with this shaving soap.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
D
Very good soap, for both winter and summer.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I've really been enjoying this soap. First off, it's a great value (in the UK at least), as a 100 gram puck can be procured for about 10 pounds (less than $20) in a terracotta bowl with a lid. I've seen this advertised as a cream and a soap. It appears that it began its life as a cream, as it looks like it has been piped into the bowl. I consider this a soap, however, because mine is rock hard and it behaves like a soap. This is a non-tallow soap, but I'm not put off by that. I'm not a member of the "a good soap must contain tallow" camp.

This seems to be of comparable quality to many of the big name soaps, and it performs similarly to those I own that are highly regarded on B&B (Trumpers, Harris, Provence Sante, etc.). I'm getting great shaves with this soap, and I have no trouble creating a rich, cushioning, slick lather.

I Coloniali shaving soap is particularly interesting because of its unique smoky mango fragrance, and it has a touch of menthol that gives a slight cooling effect during the shave. I don't typically care for menthol, but I actually find the small amount in this soap quite nice. I suppose I just don't like menthol in large doses. I'm prone to dry skin, and while this isn't the most moisturizing soap I have, it certainly isn't drying, even if I don't use an aftershave balm. This is probably one of my favorite soaps of late, and I've been reaching for it over my Irisch Moos and La Toja.

I heartily recommend this one. :biggrin:

-Andy
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)