What's new

HydroLast Shave Cube

I've been a DE enthusiast for better than 3 years now. Starting out at the top of the marque using Merkur's Futur, I experimented with and countless soaps, pastes and creams to make my daily ritual more enjoyable and less painful. This Hydrolast stuff From Charles Roberts is without equal when it comes to slickness. I apply the soap directly to my face and start from there. Yes it doesn't smell like Tabac or Black Ice or one of the Sandalwoods but for me the bottom line is, 'Does it do the job?' Hydrolast so far surpasses the rest of the soaps in my experience that the manly fragrance it possesses is small consideration. It's olive oil base helps my complexion and Added bonus: No soap scummy residue to muck up afterwords.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Yeah it's great if you can afford the products on a regular basis, and can get the mix right every time. I would only get a comfortable shave once in every three tries, the rest of the time i would put too little or too much of something and ruin my face.

I find its much easier to just use a premixed cream, and the results are constant. Plus the brush I got from them was crap, fell apart in about 6 months.
I recently purchased a shave cube for the CAR HydroLast line of products from their website enchanteonline.com I must admit that at first I was very uncertain that it would be anything special, those worries were put to rest quite fast upon using the bar. You have the choice to get the cube in either a 400g block or as 3 separate pieces. As a face wash its great. Very lathery and not drying or stripping at all. Its scent is very subtle, very much light the olive oil that its consisted of. As a shampoo, the hair sucks up the lather and rinses clean giving your hair a nice sheen and consistency. As a shave soap, which most use it for solely, its great. You lather it up on your brush, then add some shaving paste, just a bit. Its suggested that you use HydroLast shave paste, but I just toss in some Trumpers Violet to my brush and it works just as well. This stuff is by far the best soap ive used. Better than Tabac, Mama Bear's and QED easily, and its very hard for me to admit that. When paired with the facial toner and AS conditioner, you simply put, will have skin you never thought possible. Results are really there in an obvious manner. The price is steep for the line, but in all means worth it and highly recommended.
Top Bottom