What's new

Hugo Naturals Indonesian Patchouli and Sandalwood Bar Soap

Well I've been on the search for a good non-animal product shaving soap for quite a time -and I think I've found one at long last. Strangely, after all my efforts to get one, I found this in my local supermarket!

So yes, it doesn't say it's a shaving soap, but oh my, it really should be marketed as one. The scent is Patchouli and Sandalwood, and of course scent is very subjective -but I love it. This soap is not a face lathering soap, it creates an incredibly rich lather in a bowl with a few effortless swirls. The lather really is incredibly smooth, slick and thick, and leaves my face feeling moisterized afterwards (my skin is dry). Since the soap is glycerin based, it may be heated in a microwave to conform to a container (word of caution here, it looks like you are best to give the liquid a good stir before it sets). If there was only one problem with this soap, it may be longevity, but so far it seems like it is very efficient, though I haven't used this long enough to make an appropriate judgement (hence I graded price to be 5 based on the fact the soap may be used quickly).

Since most bar soaps are a couple of dollars, I was a little disappointed to be paying about $6 a bar, so this soap isn't a bargain, though certainly a competitive price with some shaving soaps.

To summarize: if you are looking for a non-animal product shaving soap, like the smell of Patchouli and have dry skin, this one is definitely worth a try.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)