What's new

Horse Brush (professional NN, Turkish)

I have this brush about 4 months now, so time for a report. Costed me 9,75 usd shipped, for a 30/60 mm brush (1,18/2,36 inch), with a plastic handle. Like the handle, as now I do not have problems with a wooden handle getting wet. This brush is meant for barbers / professional use.
Quality is good, lost a few hairs in the beginning, nothing since then.
The knot is fairly dense and made of 1 type of horse hair. It has backbone so I guess it is made of tail hair (the mane hairs are soft and floppy). Because of this it is good both for soap and cream. Generates lots of good lather in an instant. I use it both for face and bowl lathering. Brush feels good on the face, firm but not scratchy. Horse brushes give up the lather (no lather hogs) so you do not have to squeeze the brush as much as a boar for the remaining lather in the brush. Overall I am very happy with this brush. Is my favorite horse brush. Try one :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
I bought a couple of these when I was in Turkey,they are the same as the Turkish barbers use along with the Arko soap.cost 6 Turkish lira about £3 so can't complain about the price, it softens up nicely after a while but still retains a slight stiffness I have only used it with soaps and it lathers up great, it's a big brush and feels great in your hand while lathering in the bowl or on your face would recommend anyone visiting Turkey to buy one,when I go back next year I will definatley be getting another!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
wil..can you post some photos with these brushes,the small one with the thread does not enlarge...what is the website for these brushes? I have found that my brushes shake out the excess water very easily also.supposedly squeezing the hair eventually destroys the shape,not sure about this though...
Top Bottom