What's new

Homemade TEND SKIN

I used to something similar but now I find manually exfoliating my ingrowns works more quickly and efficiently, while not relying on chemicals.

That said: here's a quick and easy brew that works well, IMHO.

A few crushed uncoated aspirin mixed into aftershave, preferably mentholated.
Every since I started to shave properly { about 2 years ago} I've been using TEND SKIN.

Now if you have never heard of this product let me give you brief summary.It's basically a clear water like liquid that you apply after shaving and before you go to bed ,it DRAMATICALLY reduces razor burn ,redness and prevents ingrowing hairs and bumps ....and it stings like nothing you have every used before ,unless of course your the type of man that likes a battery acid splash of a morning .

Of course like most products out there ,for some { me included} it works miracles and has never ever, ever let me down ,for others though it may be useless ,that said online reviews seem extremely positive.

What you need:

Uncoated aspirin
70% alcohol {Surgical spirits/rubbing alcohol }
Witch Hazel
A measuring cup/bottle
2 bottles used to shake mixtures
1 8oz or more bottle/container to keep finished product

What you do:

1. Pour 5.5oz of 70% alcohol into one bottle. { surgical spirits is easier to find}
2. Drop 18 uncoated aspirins into the alcohol. Cap bottle and shake.
3. Pour 2.5oz of witch hazel into the second bottle.
4. Drop 8 uncoated aspirins into the witch hazel. Cap bottle and shake.
5. Wait awhile (30 minutes to a whole day) for the aspirins to dissolve in the liquids. Shake periodically to help dissolve aspirin and mix. NOTE: not all of the aspirin will dissolve. That’s ok- some of it never will.
6. Now combine both the alcohol and witch hazel mixtures together into one bottle. Make sure you shake it up before you pour them out so you also get the aspirin residue into the new bottle.

This last bottle is your Tendskin! Use 1-2 a day. Reduce usage if you experience dryness or flaking or irritation. DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO ASPIRIN. Make sure you shake it well before each use.

The result is a milky and rather stinky liquid that leaves the skin smooth and silky.

All told it cost me £2 to make ,which is a HUGE saving :w00t:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing