What's new

HJM new series synthetic brush

Item Description

This reasonably priced, synthetic shaving brush features a choice of two-colour, 2-component plastic handles (here white / grey) giving it a truly contemporary feel. A knob-covered indentation makes it easy to grip and fun to use. Great style at a great price.

Design: Jo Zarth, 4.3” (11 cm) in height and 50 g.

Latest reviews

Pros: Wonderfully soft tips. Quick drying. Product-friendly.
Cons: None
I received this brush within a few says of its release by MÜHLE. It uses a new synthetic fiber/brush combination. I was very impressed with it.

The brush is offered through the HJM line of affordable, quality products.

My experience with it has been amazing. This is my first synthetic brush, and I didn’t know what to expect.

I was surprised at the softness of the tips, its ability to hold water and the fast drying time (about three hours). I think its price makes it a great value.

There is no noticeable break-in period with the brush. It performed as well on Day 1 as it does months later. It has a number of notable characteristics that are immediately apparent:

• ergonomic design
• softness of the tips
• performance
• quick drying time
• extremely economical use of soaps/cream

It quickly became my favorite of the dozen or so brushes I own.

Price: Offers good value at $39 in the MÜHLE catalog.

Quality: Every detail is carried out with extraordinary attention to design, materials and manufacturing detail. The brush lost only one fiber during the months I’ve owned it.

Density: Medium to dense. Very effective to use with soaps and creams.

Softness of Tips: Very soft and luxurious. By comparison, it is noticeably softer than my EJ Best Badger (23mm).

Ergonomic: This brush is outstanding in this respect. The size and shape are perfect for my hands, and the hard-rubber grip inserts are so effective they are sure to be adopted by other manufacturers. This brush is a delight to use daily. It dries completely in about three hours, even in cool, humid climates.

Latherability: I’ve used it with a wide range of hard and soft soaps and creams, and it performs very well with all.

Recommendation: Highly recommended.

If you’ve been curious about synthetic brushes or great brushes in general, this is a great addition to your shave den.

This MÜHLE HJM brush contains a new black synthetic fiber that is laced with curly- and forked-strands (see photo), which adds to both softness and water retention. The new fiber was designed to compare in performance with good badger brushes. I think they did even better.

The brush appears in the MÜHLE online HJM catalog as Model 31 P 8 W/GR.

From the Mühle catalog:
This reasonably priced, synthetic shaving brush features a choice of two-colour, 2-component plastic handles giving it a truly contemporary feel. A knob-covered indentation makes it easy to grip and fun to use. Great style at a great price.

Design: Jo Zarth, 4.3” (11 cm) in height and 50 g."
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Codfish
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Shaving Brushes (Reviews)

More from Codfish

• Bamboo SE Razor
    I’ve been a wet shaver for 35 years, and have experience with a wide...
  • R41 TWIST
    The R41 TWIST is my favorite Mühle razor to date, and it’s among my...
  • R89 TWIST
    Mühle's latest addition to the shaving world is the R89 TWIST, a...
  • Infinity Silvertex (synthetic)
    Full review to be posted April 30, 2013
  • R41 2013
    I like the original R41 very much. I've shaved with it 450 times and...
Top Bottom