What's new

Hippie Chick Herbal Soaps

How does this perform when used in a superlather?
That lather looks extremely airy, and bubbly. That is not what I would call an acceptable lather for shaving. Lathers like that tend to break down, and dry out too quickly.

If that is the best this soap is capable of, I wouldn't call it a very good product. :confused::confused:
I am always looking for different soaps to feed my SSAD and recently found a gem. For the last I have been shaving exclusively with the shaving soap made by Hippie Chick Herbal Soaps. In order to provide consistent review of this soap I have used nothing but my Gillette Old Type Ball-end razor, Personna DE blades, and Mühle badger brush for all shaves with this soap.

Price - At $2.00 for a 2 oz puck of shaving soap you cannot go wrong. To make this an even better deal the Hippie Chick Herbal Soaps web site currently is offering free shipping within the continental United States.

Quality - This soap is a good quality shaving soap. It is packaged in a simple manner without excess wrapping, stickers, plastic, and waste. Shaving with this soap is comfortable, enjoyable, and it provides the lubrication needed for me to achieve a BBS shave.

Scent - You would think that a soap made by Hippie Chick Herbal Soaps would have a strong patchouli scent. This one has a fantastic scent that is clearly lavender with a soft cedarwood base. It is not an overpowering scent yet lasts well into the day. This cool and refreshing scent is easily paired with a variety of aftershaves and colognes or can stand on its own.

Lather - The lather produced is of decent creaminess and provides good lubrication. Using too much water will create a poor lather so it is best to add your water a little bit at a time until you figure out the amount that gives you a good lather.

Efficacy - This soap is an above average shaving soap that has a cool and refreshing scent, lathers well, and provides ample lubrication for daily shaves. It truly meets its intended purpose while providing a pleasant, comfortable, and enjoyable shave.

Moisturizing - The olive, coconut, and castor oils in this soap give it its moisturizing abilities. It rinses clean and leaves your face feeling smooth and soft without a oily feel.

Here are some pictures to help provide a visual review. First is the packaging of the soap. Simple and without excess waste.
View attachment 64168

This is what the loaded brush looks like.
View attachment 64169

The lather after 45 seconds of work in the shaving mug.
View attachment 64170

One pass on the wrist to show the lather.
View attachment 64171

I haven't tried it - great idea. The only cream I have at present is Tom's Mint and Tom's Calendula. I will give the superlather a try in the morning and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the idea.

The superlather worked well. I used the Hippie Chick soap with Tom’s Calendula cream. The lather was much creamier however the scent was not as good. Lavender and calendula create a scent that is not bad just not as pleasant as the Lavender with a soft base of cedarwood from the soap itself.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)