What's new

Henckels Rapide

Item Description

If you like the Gem open comb micromatic you will love the Henckels. It takes a modern SE razor blade, thank goodness. My first shave with a new razor is never my best, but I managed a DFS. Second was BBS. It is very audible, sounding off when at it's best angle. You'll like it's crispness.

Latest reviews

Pros: Great razor, well balanced, very well made.
Cons: Pricey
Found mine at an Antique store, complete in it's original box. The original blade was dull so I used a Gem Blue Star blade. That razor gave me one of the closest shaves of my life. It is a nice addition to my micromatic.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
1.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
On the first run I had a very good SE shave with a new GEM SS blade. This is a very well built piece of kit; the Twins have been in the cutlery business for a while. As Eric notes, very audible .. No cuts, I like it!

I marked down price as I bought it, you might be able to do better ($45).
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
If you like the Gem open comb micromatic you will love the Henckels. It takes a modern SE razor blade, thank goodness. My first shave with a new razor is never my best, but I managed a DFS. Second was BBS. It is very audible, sounding off when at it's best angle. You'll like it's crispness.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)