What's new

Helena's Organic Botanicals Shop Luscious Lime Aftershave Gel

I ordered this AS on a whim after reading the first review. I have the combination of dry sensitive skin with a thick tough beard. I use a 1940's Gillette SS with Feather blades.

What is this stuff? Aloe based Bay rum with a twist. In this case, not a cheesie lime or sickening sweet sticky twist either. It's not quite a true Bay Rum, it's better and more refined. It has the consistency of a milk like DR Harris or Gents Refinery, but it is aloe. It is not as thick as Olivias or Ginger's Garden gel.

What does it do? It soothes, stops the fire, makes the red go away on my neck and smells nice. I feel a bit of tightening from the witch hazel, which I enjoy. The toning is not as tight as an alcohol splash like Velva or Bracer, but it is there. There is NO Pain or Burn. The product finishes dry on the face; no sticky finish like Nancy Boy.

What makes this product stand out is scent. It's damn good. My wife likes it, my young daughters who are harsh critics like it, and a girl in my office commented positively on it. Now, it works as an AS should - the fragrance stays within that two feet area of your body. Someone has to get in your personal space to get a wiff and that's perfect by me. The drydown is quite nice. I smelled it on me late in the afternoon so it has staying power. The scent is a masculine Bay, a hint of spice and a nice balance of orange. It's complicated, but people liked it and were not sure why - as in they could not peg a finite note.

This is a well crafted product. It disenfects nicks, soothes burn, and seals the face without being sticky. For a boutique crafter to have designed it is amazing. Recommended.

The maker responds to email best. [email protected]
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
D
I was really surprised by this one. My wife bought me a 2 oz bottle of this product. The base is an aloe vera gel that disappears well into the skin with no oily residue and leaves my skin feeling smooth and refreshed. The scent components are listed as "a fusion of organic lemon/orange peels, Jamaican allspice berries, ginger rootin my own homegrown witch hazel, homegrown bay leaves, French orange blossom water, and lime/ginger root/bay/siberian pine essential oils." I can't quite place what this scent is reminiscent of. When I put it on, it reminds me of something I smelled as a kid, perhaps a barber shop scent. It is a moderately strong, bold, masculine scent. If anyone tries this product I would be very interested in other opinions of it.
The product is a bit hard to find.
You can order it at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21375102
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)