What's new

Hâttric Classic

Pros: Inexpensive
Cons: May burn a bit
Of course, one cannot complain when getting a 200ml bottle of Hâttric Classic for 4 euros (Drogerie Müller). But the product also has some "cheapness" around it, which makes clear that it's not a luxury after shave.

It comes in a glass bottle, 200ml in my case. When applying, it may sting a bit, though I have not experienced the burns that others describe.

The scent is long lasting, which is great when you apply a bit, but a curse when you overdo it (and it is easy to do so with this AS). It is a masculine scent, but not very refined. Brings one back to 1980's discotheques.

For the price, it is an excellent product, and it works well as a daily aftershave splash. But it would not be my choice for going to a more formal event.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
La Toja splash smells the same, though the ingredients may be slightly different down the list. They are both made by the same company (Henkel-Schwarzkopf owns La Toja). If La Toja is easier to get for you, you are not missing out anything, just the Hattric label.
Got one as a gift. 200 ml glass bottle in a cardboard box. Made by Schwarzkopf, Germany. Really like the scent. The scent lingers for quite a while (like it should imo). I did not experience any burning or whatever, so ok here. Face feels good. As far as I could tell no "dangerous" ingredients. So try it, it is good stuff!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I've never used it, but you can get it from Alpine Cosmetics in Alpine Village, Torrance, CA. For those in Southern CA, you could go in and visit. They have all the German top shelf products including Hattric, Speick, Tabac, Irisch Moos, Palmolive, 4711. And if you don't live in southern, CA. You can order directly from her. I have smelled the stuff and it does smell real nice. I know this isn't a review, but wanted to post this for folks having a hard time getting the stuff.
Well I tried Hattric Aftershave an hour ago :biggrin1:. These are my first impressions:

The price is ok, especially in Europe. I got mine for about 7 Euros.
The package and the bottle are nice. I like it. Solid made, nice cap. Nicely made.
The scent is really nice. But it stays one for some time. If you are planing to wear some EDT, it might not get along too well. I belive Hattric should be used all by itself, or probably with Hattric EDT, if there is such a thing. Have not seen a Hattrice EDT.
Let's see it in action. Well it burns like hell! At least for me. I have Speick, Barbon splashes but they don't burn. I think this is the first time I felt an aftershave burning the way Hattric did. Speick just stings a bit and it's all pleasant. Hattric burned and it wasn't comfortable for the first couple of minutes.
Despite the alcohol burn, it fights razor burn really well. I guess it fights fire with fire :lol:
I got some small burn from a Feather blade but it fought it quite well. Really nice.

Final thoughts. If you go to Europe and by chance see one, get it. It's worth it! I will probably buy one if I run out of it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Price: I paid 8.50 € for a 100 mL bottle. That comes out to about $11.82 and 12 cents per mL. That's about triple the cost of Aqua Velva, but then again, this is a fine European after shave.

Quality: Hâttric Classic comes in a simple glass bottle. The quality of the after shave is good.

Fights Razor Burn: It's so-so here. If you want an after shave that fights razor burn well, look somewhere else.

Cooling Sensation: I did not notice a cooling sensation.

Scent: The scent is very good. It smells very masculine. I cannot describe the scent really.

Efficacy: I used a little bit and it was enough for my face.

Moisturizing: My face felt nice and healthy.

No Alcohol Burn: The alcohol burn was minimal.

Final thoughts: I enjoyed the Hâttric Classic after shave. I would probably purchase it again. I wish they had a shaving cream and soap too, though.

Where to purchase: I believe your best bet here would be Amazon or the B/S/T. Some have mentioned Alpine Importers. Your best bet may be to plan a trip to Germany.

proxy.php
proxy.php
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)