What's new

Gus Shaving Stick

Item Description

Gus Shaving Soap Stick from Thailand. Around .50 oz

Ingredient list: Coconut oil, Olive oil, Palm oil, Rice Palm oil, Glycerin, Milk

Latest reviews

Pros: Nice smell and leaves skin smooth and comfortable shave
Cons: Price and lather does not last long
This stick is from Thailand and I gave it a try. I showered and wet my face even though I had just gotten out of the shower. I applied the stick all over my face and I had not shaved in three days. I had plenty of growth. Well when I used my Vie Long Boar brush to lather up, it got a somewhat thin lather. I re applied more soap and got a bit better result. A little thicker. My issue with this stick is that after a couple minutes the lather on my face had almost disappeared. I added more soap to my face and lathered again and shaved immediately. I used a Merkur 45 razor with an Astra SS blade. I did get a very nice smooth shave. My skin felt very smooth and soft. Also, it smelled nice. I applied the stick on my face again for a second pass, and it lathered better than the first pass. But the lather did not last long. I did get a smooth shave and nice smell again. It smelled like coconut or some flowers. Here is the ingredient list I got from a thread I saw on here.

Ingredient list: Coconut oil, Olive oil, Palm oil, Rice Palm oil, Glycerin, Milk

I paid $6 for this stick which included free shipping. I got it about a week after ordering it on eBay.

Would I recommend this stick to everyone? I would say no because there are other sticks like Arko and Palmolive that cost less and lather better. I do like that it left my face smelling really nice and my skin feels like a baby's butt. Very nice.

I give this Gus Shave Stick a 6.5/10
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing