What's new

Guerlain Vetiver (OLD formulation 1990s)

Item Description

I was lucky enough to buy a bottle of the old Vetiver from ebay and I am really thrilled by it. I have always liked the new formulation and was curious to try the old one as I heard it was better. I read raving reviews about the old vetiver on basenotes and was itching to try it out.

Well, last month, I finally got my old formulation and was thrilled because it was so much better than the new one. All the ingredients seem to blend in much better and there is a character about the smell that is really awesome. There is more vetiver and tobacco with less citrus. It seems to me that the new version is more 'modernised' , i.e. more cleaned up.

My other favourite Vetiver is Floris which smells elegant and sophisticated, just like what a gentleman would wear. Old formulation Guerlain smells more manly, raw and wild, but expensive too; just like what a Mafia gangster would wear! It is a really bad-boy, masculine scent and in that aspect reminds me of Eucris, although I chose to pass on Eucris.

Longevity is amazing, it lasts over 24 hours on my skin and I can still smell traces of it on my shirt next day even though I only apply it to my skin. It has good silage too.

Overall, I am so happy to have bought this wonderful fragrance and feel it is such a shame that they reformulated it as I will have to hunt for it again once my bottle has been used up. :frown:

Latest reviews

I was lucky enough to buy a bottle of the old Vetiver from ebay and I am really thrilled by it. I have always liked the new formulation and was curious to try the old one as I heard it was better. I read raving reviews about the old vetiver on basenotes and was itching to try it out.

Well, last month, I finally got my old formulation and was thrilled because it was so much better than the new one. All the ingredients seem to blend in much better and there is a character about the smell that is really awesome. There is more vetiver and tobacco with less citrus. It seems to me that the new version is more 'modernised' , i.e. more cleaned up.

My other favourite Vetiver is Floris which smells elegant and sophisticated, just like what a gentleman would wear. Old formulation Guerlain smells more manly, raw and wild, but expensive too; just like what a Mafia gangster would wear! It is a really bad-boy, masculine scent and in that aspect reminds me of Eucris, although I chose to pass on Eucris.

Longevity is amazing, it lasts over 24 hours on my skin and I can still smell traces of it on my shirt next day even though I only apply it to my skin. It has good silage too.

Overall, I am so happy to have bought this wonderful fragrance and feel it is such a shame that they reformulated it as I will have to hunt for it again once my bottle has been used up. :frown:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
the_prince
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from the_prince

• Trumper's GFT
    Out of all my colognes, this is the one that lasts the longest, along...
  • Sanguine razor
    After watching some videos of people straight shaving on Youtube I was...
Top Bottom