What's new

Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur

The masculine counterpoint to Jicky. I sampled Jicky first and found it to have a unique accord of lavender, vanilla and a bit of lemon. Nice, but too unisex for me. Tried MdM and the first impression was "lemon and civet, " but occasionally I caught whisps of that Jicky accord as well. The lemon is creamy - not sharp. This scent haunted me until I bought a bottle - wonderful, complex, refined scent with some animalic civet underneath that won't let you dismiss it.

For the other poster that couldn't find a bottle in the US, I ordered from Amazon.com.uk and they delivered to the US with reasonable shipping costs.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I find the opening vile and far too strong for modern use.,,but after a few minutes the civet and lavender bravado calms down to an elegant and delicate scent of powder, musk, leather, and light florals. I much prefer Jicky EdT for this purpose.
Subtle. Refined. With a touch of the naughty. This is French in every way - fresh with a blend of skank. Though it is the good skank. Reminds me of the cheerleader in high school who acted nice. Sweet as pie. But on the inside, you knew she was dirty.

A hard to find scent in the US. I'm still looking for a place where I can get a full bottle. I have an empty bottle that I collected from a perfume store. Simply gorgeous.

Along with Bois du Portugal, it is one of the only colognes that I truly believe is worth having a full bottle of.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
First introduced by Guerlain in 1904, as a more masculine counterpoint to the unisex Jicky. I find the two quite different. In particular, Mouchoir de Monsieur does not have the cloying milkiness that, for me, detracts somewhat from Jicky.

Mouchoir de Monsieur is a complex composition. Civet is prominent, so be warned, those of you who do not care for the animalistic. Lavender and bergamot are prominent in the mix. Also apparently present are rose, jasmine, neroli, oakmoss, amber, vanilla and iris. The overall effect is one of masculine sophistication.

Some may think this composition dated. I enjoy it. It’s something different from the designer fragrances so common today.

Mouchoir de Monsieur is not inexpensive, and since this is not one everyone will enjoy right off the bat it is probably best to sample it or try a decant before investing in a bottle.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)