What's new

Grooming Spray

Pros: Preps hair for pomade, not sticky, adds volume, great scent, does what the manufacturer says
Cons: None
I have been using Layrite's Grooming Spray for about 2 months now and absolutely love it. I know what a lot of you are thinking, that "grooming sprays" are just how manufacturer's market a "hairspray" to men, however, this is not the case for this product. I have tried Crew's Grooming Spray and this is definitely a hairspray, no two ways about it, but this product is described on Layrite's website as "...a light grooming spray, used in the barber shops to create a bit of volume and prep the hair during the drying process for a good dose of our famous pomade" and this is exactly what it does. Mind you, I never use this as a stand alone product. I have always used it on towel dried hair before I wet shave and then I apply pomade when my hair is fully dry after shaving. The pomade really does act differently/better when this grooming spray is sprayed beforehand.
I keep my hair cut in a tight businessman's hard-part while keeping the hair on top quite a bit longer so that it gives me a nice amount of volume up front. Barber uses a #1A guard on his clippers around my temples and uses a tight taper going up. While I don't keep my hair in a traditional pomp seeing that I keep the sides and back really short, the top resembles somewhat of a pomp. This grooming spray has really given my hair a ton of volume on top and it has a great scent to boot.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)