What's new

Green

Pros: Very Refreshing, and an eye-opener in the morning.
Cons: I like menthol, but I could see how it could be a little overpowering to some people.
I was a little apprehensive about this product because I had never used a soft soap. I had only used hard pucks. I really like it and will try some other soft soaps. It loads easily and lathers up great on your face. Feels good, has good slip and stays well. The plastic tub is growing on me too. I'll give it 4 out of 5 on the Dale Earnhardt Manliness scale. Try a tub of it and if you don't like it, give it to me.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Well priced, lovely cooling effect, slick shave
Cons: Smell is a little bit musty
WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Proraso Green Soap - Our shaving soap formula undergos a traditional “hot process”. The shaving cream is left to mature in small batches for a period of 10 days in a temperature-controlled room that protects the batches from temperature shifts. During this maturing process, moisture evaporates from the formulation resulting in a solid, concentrated shaving soap; perfect for professional brush application.
COMPONENTS - EUCALYPTUS OIL has a tonifying and purifying effect. MENTHOL has refreshing and revitalizing properties. GLYCERIN encourages a smooth shave, reducing irritation and redness.

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:
I've tried both bowl and face lathering, and if I am honest, I prefer face lathering. A good 30 seconds swirling the brush in the soap, straight to the dampened face and the lather explodes into life. A bowl lather takes a little more soap to get a comparable lather, and benefits from approx 1 teaspoon of water to really bring it to it's best.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
Honestly, the scent is somewhat traditional. It is one of those scents that you could almost describe as musty, but not unpleasant. The subtle cooling effect of the soap is particularly welcome on warm days, especially when combined with a cooling preshave. I've never been let down by the slick lather provided by Proraso Green, and is my most used item of software to date. The low price point of the product does not indicate a cheap product, rather it indicates that quality products can be available at a bargain price.

WOULD YOU BUY IT AGAIN?
Of course I would. It's a sub £6 product that functions well.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Great lather, scent
Cons: none
This soap was nicely packaged. When lathering it is easy to load the brush over a bowl or scuttle, and then work it into a slick cushioning lather.

The scent brings back lots of memories from the barbershop I used to go to.

The lather is slick, and provides lots of cushioning. After shaving my face feels very refreshed.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: scent, face feel, lather
Cons: slicknes
Wow! I was recommended this product by a friend and read many great things about it on the internet. I was not let down! Very refreshing face feel and it was so easy to lather. Great scent! I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to buy a great soap.

I watched a great review on the product on YouTube, I thought they explained it quite well! For anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8JLu9vWWa4
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Makes your razor glide, wonderful scent.
Cons: None
This is an amazing product. Any guy that has used shaving cream or gel from a can you must stop, buy a brush and try this. You will be amazed at how well your razor glides across your face! Not to mention the great menthol and eucalyptus scent is great all year long. This product coupled with your favorite razor and blade, will make you look forward to getting up in the morning and shave and enjoy it!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Easy to lather, smells like a man
This was given to me as a gift that got me started in the wetshaving revolution. Maybe because it is my first, and I do not have experience with boutique products, I love this product. I like it so much that I got the Proraso pre-shave cream and aftershave. I may use other soaps to have a break from Proraso, but I think this will always be one that I use.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Lather
Great barbershop smell but can also remind you of a diaper cream scent. Works great with DE shaving, maybe the best I’ve tried but if you also use a multi blade razor it will definitely clog up your razor.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Lathers like a Pro!
This is my “summer-time” product. I can’t say how it works without first using the same products pre shave but combined … nothing makes my face feel better in the summer. It lathers like a champ, never leaves my face feeling dry (my issue), and the scent though nothing complex, grows on you. I doubt it would offend anyone.

I have never used another mentholated product so I can’t say if that is the trick, but this stuff saved me this past summer with temps in the hundreds for weeks on end. It really made my skin feel alive. I will return to it this summer.

To finish, I also have to mention that it also allows for an awesome glide using either a straight or DE. With it being as inexpensive as it is, there’s a lot of consumer surplus to be had. You deserve it to yourself to have some in your den.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Newbie proof
Cons: Nil
My benchmark go-to.

Ridiculously easy to lather; face, hand or bowl she doesn't mind.

Polarizing scent but hey! 80 years is testament to it's popularity.

Slick enough to reward decent technique and the cooling mentholy goodness refreshes.

Layered with the pre and the AS it's your daily "Italian Job"

Nuff said.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)