What's new

Green Water Shower Gel by Jacques Fath

Item Description

Green Water is one of the oldest colognes around, although it has been reformulated since its early days into something that many critics consider to be unworthy of the Fath brand name. I don't have an overwhelming interest in trying it, but recently came across the hair & body shower gel, which seemed pretty difficult to find and unusual, so I gave it a go.

I have to say, I have mixed feelings on this one. Usually shower gels have a very strong concentration of fragrance, but Green Water is very mildly scented and has zero presence beyond the lather-up. It really doesn't even stick around as a post-shower skin scent. I'm not sure if this is because any existing tubes of gel are old and have suffered fragrance deterioration (do they even still make this?) or if this subtlety is intentional. But it's weird because what scent is there is very earthy, minty, blatantly green, and I can't help but think that it would fail if it registered to my nose beyond the shower - if this is faithful to the cologne, then it is certainly a go-easy type of scent. The contrast of vetiver, moss, and mint seems a bit unbalanced, and perhaps without mint it would work much better. In a way it's good that the gel doesn't come on strong, because it leaves the skin free for any kind of eau de toilette afterward.

It works quite nicely in hair, with soft moisturizing properties, a very good lather-up, and no drying effects or harshness to speak of. Likewise, on skin it is a very gentle and pleasant lather-up, with a definite feel of moisturizing and cleansing properties. So while Green Water doesn't do much to the nose, it actually does a nice job in every other department.

The tube gives you about 6 ounces - it seems no one is selling an entirely full tube. Not sure why - every picture I see online matches the tube I got, which has about an inch missing in it. Could be the manufacturer's choice, or these are old and/or used bottles that are being hawked. Seeing as this is an obscure luxury brand, I wouldn't be surprised if they were just skimping on how much they give. The tube itself is solid plastic with a bright green cap, and is meant to be in the reverse upright position. The cap has a hinge and a little squeeze gives you the gel, which is unusually loose in consistency. Altogether though, this product is easy to use. I paid $12 for my bottle. Anyone asking more is ripping you off, and frankly, I can't help but think this could be more reasonable at $8.

If you like Green Water and/or are looking for a different kind of shower gel, give this a try. At the worst, you'll dislike the weakness of the scent. At best you'll find it to be a quality gel that leaves your hair and skin feeling clean.

Latest reviews

Green Water is one of the oldest colognes around, although it has been reformulated since its early days into something that many critics consider to be unworthy of the Fath brand name. I don't have an overwhelming interest in trying it, but recently came across the hair & body shower gel, which seemed pretty difficult to find and unusual, so I gave it a go.

I have to say, I have mixed feelings on this one. Usually shower gels have a very strong concentration of fragrance, but Green Water is very mildly scented and has zero presence beyond the lather-up. It really doesn't even stick around as a post-shower skin scent. I'm not sure if this is because any existing tubes of gel are old and have suffered fragrance deterioration (do they even still make this?) or if this subtlety is intentional. But it's weird because what scent is there is very earthy, minty, blatantly green, and I can't help but think that it would fail if it registered to my nose beyond the shower - if this is faithful to the cologne, then it is certainly a go-easy type of scent. The contrast of vetiver, moss, and mint seems a bit unbalanced, and perhaps without mint it would work much better. In a way it's good that the gel doesn't come on strong, because it leaves the skin free for any kind of eau de toilette afterward.

It works quite nicely in hair, with soft moisturizing properties, a very good lather-up, and no drying effects or harshness to speak of. Likewise, on skin it is a very gentle and pleasant lather-up, with a definite feel of moisturizing and cleansing properties. So while Green Water doesn't do much to the nose, it actually does a nice job in every other department.

The tube gives you about 6 ounces - it seems no one is selling an entirely full tube. Not sure why - every picture I see online matches the tube I got, which has about an inch missing in it. Could be the manufacturer's choice, or these are old and/or used bottles that are being hawked. Seeing as this is an obscure luxury brand, I wouldn't be surprised if they were just skimping on how much they give. The tube itself is solid plastic with a bright green cap, and is meant to be in the reverse upright position. The cap has a hinge and a little squeeze gives you the gel, which is unusually loose in consistency. Altogether though, this product is easy to use. I paid $12 for my bottle. Anyone asking more is ripping you off, and frankly, I can't help but think this could be more reasonable at $8.

If you like Green Water and/or are looking for a different kind of shower gel, give this a try. At the worst, you'll dislike the weakness of the scent. At best you'll find it to be a quality gel that leaves your hair and skin feeling clean.

Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)