What's new

Green Pond Sandalwood

Price: I purchased my tub of Green Pond Sandalwood during their "Summer Sale" (which oddly ended on May 31st :confused: ), at the price of $14.75. As Scotto mentioned, this cream is made by D.R. Harris. My initial thoughts: "A D.R. Harris cream for $14.75!?! What a steal!" After using this cream once, my thoughts were: "This stuff would be a steal at the regular price of $21!"

Quality: Different than any cream I've used to date. This cream is incredibly dense. I used an almond-sized amount, and later found it was perhaps twice the amount needed for a 3-pass shave. A little goes a long way.

Scent: Very sandalwood... and very pleasing (IMO). More smokey and woody than sweet.

Latherability: Lathersaurus Rex! This cream's lather is what justifies the price. Easily the softest, most dense lather I've had on my face. You'll WANT to spend a little extra time lathering, as it was truly a pleasure to apply. Most of all, it was unbelievably easy to produce copius amounts of rich lather.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Got the Greenpond Sandalwood cream as my contest prize. It's wonderful! (see my review.) Very pleasant, not overpowering sandalwood fragrance. (as a point of reference, I regard AOS sandalwood as overpowering. YMMV.) I lathered it up by putting an almond size dollop in a hot cup, added a bit of hot water, and then swished it around. 75 turns later I had a fabulous, thick lather that I spread on my face. The shave was entirely pleasant, my HD class with Feather blade gliding across my skin. a bit of touch up after the second pass and I was done. Thank heaven this one was free. If I had bought another shaving cream/soap I think my wife would have made me eat it. Fortunately the documentation accompanying it indicated that this was my contest prize. --Now here's a moneymaker for us guys--why doesn't somebody make "prize labels" that we can show the gals to prove that we didn't go out and spend money for one more shaving item?
Anyway, thanks to everyone who made this contest such great fun. Good grief--I actually won something!!!!::wink:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Green Pond seems to have some sort of arrangement with D.R. Harris to re-brand their products. Their aftershave is Harris Milk (old formulation, currently); even the bottle is the same with the exception of the label. Same story with the cream.

This stuff comes in the usual PVC container a la' Taylor, etc. Upon opening the container, you are greeted with a very smoky, camphoraceous sandalwood aroma. Quite unique among creams, and very nice. This is particularly good when the aroma is released from the hot lather, suffusing your bathroom with clouds of woody goodness.

The shave is typical Harris. Very very thick and dense lather. Feels great on the face, and provides a very effective shave. This stuff isn't cheap, at $21 a tub, but it isn't exhorbitant either.

In my opinion, this is a very good cream, and one that is a worthy brother to all the other sandalwood stuff I have.
Top Bottom