What's new

Green Iris Tweed Type

Pros: Excellent Soap - Explosive Lather, Great Price, Great Scent
Price: At $13, this is not quite bargain shave soap, but it's close. It's the least expensive of QC's Soaps.

Quality: QC is known for top quality soaps and this one does not disappoint.

Scent: As a huge fan of Creed's original G.I.T., (but not of the price), this is where I was most skeptical. There are lots of G.I.T. Type soaps and creams out there - most are poor knockoffs. QC definitely isn't Creed, but my nose tells me that this is about as close as it gets.

Lather: Wow - a little bit goes a long way. This lathers like all of the best soaps out there. I've had my share of samples, and this stacks right up there with soaps costing 3X as much.

Efficacy: This soap does everything it claims to. I got a great shave with no irritation. The scent does not last long, but not many soaps do.

Moisturizing Properties: I did not notice that this was an especially moisturizing product, but it most certainly is not drying.

Packaging: I purchased the puck with the nice wooden bowl ($7). I will likely purchase a few more bowls for other soaps - they're quite nice. The Puck was wrapped in plastic with an inexpensive label on it. It's what I'd expect from an artisan soap company

Overall: This is a great soap! If you're a fan of Creed's G.I.T., this is as close as it gets. If you've ever tried Creed's Shave soap, this blows it away in every category except scent (this is actually more powerful and longer lasting than Creed's soap, but it's not quite Creed's Scent). QC does a great job of mimicking G.I.T.'s fragrance - enough that I'll only be purchasing Creed's EDP from now on.

I've also ordered the Shave Cream and ASB from QC and I'll be reviewing them later today.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)