What's new

Grapefruit Shaving Cream

Pros: Scent is fantastic...like you have a fresh grapefruit sitting under your nose. Lather is easy to make and is very creamy. Provides good protection.
Cons: I find all TOBS creams to be a bit water hungry. By that I mean that, halfway through the shave, it's best to hit it with a shot of water and stir it into the lather in your bowl. Easy to do thankfully.
This is my personal favorite TOBS cream because the scent is so strong and so...grapefruit! You definitely can't fault them for the scent...it's advertised as grapefruit and it is. Overall, I feel like I'm spoiled and pampered when I use this cream. Very good product.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: scent
Cons: none
I received this in either a trade or PIF, I can't remember which, but I really paid nothing for it. Great product and even better scent. Probably my favorite summertime cream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Lovely scent, easy lather, good price
Cons: I wish the scent could last longer
This was a Christmas present and, along with TOBS Sandalwood and Coconut, has been an enjoyable aspect of my tripartite holiday rotation.

Basically, this cream is about the scent. It really smells like a freshly cut grapefruit. It's a wonderful, fresh, natural scent. My only regret is that the scent doesn't seem to linger as long after the end of the shave.

Lather quality is pretty much identical to sandalwood which many people will be familiar with. If you want a great product that smells of natural, fresh citrus, I would recommend giving this a go.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: smells great
If you like citrus, then this one is for you. It has a strong scent that will linger for a bit after you shave. I've used most of the TOBS and find this one of their best.

The new inner seal on the TOBS helps retain the moisture that will usually dry up within a year or so on these. Great addition by TOBS.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: scent, scent, scent
I too love this product. The grapefruit scent is so wonderful, and a pleasure to shave with.

Quality is on par with other TOBS products. I did not notice anything unusual in terms of other shaving qualities in relation to other TOBS products.

This and the Avocado are the two strongest products in the TOBS line, IMHO.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Silky smooth with a subtle citrus scent
Cons: None so far! Except a little pricey, but well worth it!
The quality of the cream and its lather were exceptional. Can't imagine a better quality cream or a better shave. Silky smooth and a little cream in your brush goes a LONG way.

I thought the price was a little bit much. But I don't regret a penny. Would pay it again.

I gave it a 6 on moisturizing because I didn't find it to be overly helpful in that category. But it was a 6 and not lower because I definitely did not get the impression that it dried my skin out. It did leave my skin soft and smooth, so it gets a 6.

The packaging got an 8 because it is simply your standard Taylor plastic bowl/tub with screw on lid. It is nice and wide for your brush. So it is functional and convenient. But it's a plastic bowl. I can't think of any scenarios where a plastic bowl would deserve a 10. So it gets an 8 for function and convenience.

Overall a fantastic product and a fantastic shaving experience. TOBS quality with a great grapefruit scent. Makes for a perfect start to my morning. I'm betting it will your's too.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)