What's new

Grande [Chrome]

Pros: Price, Fit, Finish
A hand made DE razor at this price point is unheard of. They are made in Premana, Italy.

The open comb is precise and smooth. No rough or unfinished areas. The threading is true with firm placement on the head.

The chrome plating is stunning and absolutely flawless.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
Pros: price effectiveness balance
Cons: light handle
I haven't come across a official review yet, so I figured let's post one. Let me first start of by saying to me this is the perfect razor. It is a RAD killer, my R89 wasn't to me (to mild), nor was my R41 (effective but with lots of bite). This shaves me very, very close to the results of the R41 but without all the bite. Sure it has bark, but as long as you treat this puppy right it won't bite. To me it has the perfect rare balance between aggressiveness +effectiveness and smoothness+forgiveness. No I didn't gave it 10's all over. I wanted this to be a realistic review. Even though it shaves like a dream it has some flaws. Fit and finish of the handle is very very minimalistic, absolutely basic and could be improved. Prove of machinery is all over this handle. The head is polished and seems good. The other flaw is that many people seem to find the handle, which is hollow (to) light. It's a cheap razor but if you have to by a handle to have the right weight it's total cost are over that of a cheapie. Yet, all that seems to be unimportant when you find the perfect shaver. It's one step closer to shaving-nirvana, which we all seek here. The handle you are going to replace it with (for instance any of the Bulldogs) is of a good quality, effectively solving both handle problems. It isn't a beginners razor in general, however it's not that aggressive that it requires lots of DE experience. It's grip is ok but when you replace the handle can be greatly improved. Blade replacement is standard of that of a 3-piece razor. It's not a adjustable razor so no score there. It's aggressiveness and balance however is PERFECT. Total BBS every day with minimum effort and no nicks. Try this razor at least once in your life time.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)