What's new

Gold-Dachs Spezial shaving soap

Item Description

I can't forget the first time I shaved with this soap. I was a bit disappointed when I saw the packaging, just a plain metal container, but did I ever freak out when I wrapped my brush around this soap, did I ever love the scent, and lather and everything about it. Just the price and lack of availabilty are a drawback.

Jeff

Latest reviews

Pros: Very close, comfortable shaves
Cons: Price
This is a very good soap and exceeded my expectations.

Price: 6 - relatively expensive given weight.

Quality: 9 - excellent overall

Scent: 7 - relatively strong scent. Soapy to me. I'm fine with it.

Lather: 10 - thick, fantastic lather. Wow.

Efficacy: 10 - probably the closest, most consistent shaves of any soap I've used to date.

Moisturizing: 8 - Very good, not great.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I love my Gold Dachs Spezial Rasier-Seife (Natural shaving soap).

Price: Decent for what you get.

Quality: I think this is a very high quality product. The soap is great, and I like the little aluminum case that screws in on top, which makes it nice for travel.

Scent: I can't really describe scents very well, but it's very pleasing to me.

Lather: Lathers very easy. I had no problem getting a great lather the first time. It's really easy to whip up a lather in the aluminum case, which gives you plenty of room.

Efficacy: This soap repeatedly gives me a close, comfortable shave without irritation. I noticed this even more when I picked up wet shaving again, when I was still learning, because I would always get better results with Gold Dachs.

Moisturizing: Doesn't dry out my face or anything like that.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
One of the very best soaps that I have ever tried, Gold-Dachs lathers up richly on the face and makes for a close, comfortable shave. The smell is just clean, I'd say. The puck in the travel tin is small yet long-lasting. Too bad that this product is not more widely available. I believe that Dovo has a similar product, or has taken over Gold-Dachs---not sure. Anyway, try this soap. You will be pleased.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)