What's new

Godrej Menthol Mist

Pros: Great lather, AMAZING menthol
Cons: Can't think of any
I LOVE this product!!!! I used to live in the bay area of California where I could readily get it from Indian shops for $3-4. But now I live in an un diverse Illinois city. Oh well, some things in life are depressing but I digress. Onto the cream! So the standout aspect of this cream is the menthol tsunami it delivers to your face after a minute of applying it. It is incredibly refreshing. I will say though that you may want to be careful to not have the water too cool when you rinse it off or it may be uncomfortably cool. Other aspects of the cream are a very decent lather that is very easy to produce, an amiable scent, nothing to write home about mind you but pleasant in its own right, and nice metallic looking paper board box it comes in. But for the great quality of this cream and the price I would buy it without hesitation if it was packaged in a used paper grocery sack! If you're a menthol fan you NEED to have this in your rotation!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Pros: The most powerful mint I have tried
Cons: none as I am a mint fan
This is a cream, that is there among my list of all time favourites, along with the ever nostalgic old spice. I am a big fan of mint flavour and this cream is power packed with mint. It provides an even smooth chilling effect that lingers on your face after the shave. One word of advice, brace yourself before you splash cold water after the shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: easy to create lather, with lanolin,potent cooling
Cons: only in 70 gram tube
Several years ago I have seen and bought godrej in supermarket
India is well-known for quality shaving products.

Only 1 cm of cream makes enough passes without fading. cooling effect is like shaving in Antarctica or Siberian blizzard,great moisturizing properties from lanolin and glycerin also great glide for your razor.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great lather easily and potent menthol cooling
Cons: Very hard to find where I live
If only I could get this stuff where I live I'd be a happy man. Not that I have so much experience with Indian stuff, but Godrej makes some of the finest creams I've ever used. The lather is so easy to get going and the scent is what you could expect - cold. The menthol effect starts seconds after you begin lathering up and becomes stronger and stronger as you shave. It's quite efficient in the moisturizing department as well and the price I paid was a very petty $3.75
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice menthol blast, easy to lather, cheap
Cons: Availability, scent is nothing to write home about
I was lucky to find this in a local Indian market, along with the Rich Foam version. I had read some good things about the Godrej creams, so I decided to hit up one of the local Indian markets to see if they had any, and I ended-up getting lucky!

Price: Can't beat $2.99 a tube!

Quality: Very good for the price

Scent: Here's where it falls a little short. It smells like a household cleaner of some sort. But, its a non-issue if you use an AS like I do.

Latherability: VERY easy to lather. The typical snurdle will give you more than enough for a 3-pass shave.

Efficacy: Works very well, plenty of cushion and glide. No irritation or a single weeper.

Moisturizing Properties: Don't really know about this, its probably not particularly moisturizing.

Overall, its a winner, especially if you can find it locally. The menthol really comes alive after the first pass. If you have some Indian markets in your area, do yourself a favor and look for this cream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
All I can say is WOW!!! I have heard about Godrej for quite some time and seems to be universally recommended as a good middle of the road cream. I didn't set my expectations too high, but I sought it out to try it.

First impression was that it was very easy to lather. I'm typically a soap guy and primarily a face latherer, so taking the cream back to my lather mug was a little different for me, but there was no problem with the lather. It was easy, on par with arko cream in the ease of lathering. I'd say that the lather it produced was slightly thicker than arko too.

The glide on it is awesome, that could be due to the fact that it contains lanolin. Some folks do have reactions to lanolin, so they find that this cream irritates them. Most of the negative reviews I've read about Godrej have that fact in common. But for me it was just great.

Now for the good part. It is cheap! Damn cheap! At only 2 bucks a tube, it could be the cheapest cream out there. I've heard of some folks finding it locally much cheaper too.

Now for the best part! The menthol. Holy Moly, this cream has the cooling power of an antartic blizzard. C.O. Bigelo (Proraso) has nothing on Godrej. I was not expecting it to be very strong, and boy was I surprised. This fact and the price together have given Godrej Menthol Mist a permanent place in my rotation. That is saying a lot for a soap guy like me. No other cream has had such an impact to me.

To sum it up, Godrej Mentol Mist is the complete package: Great price and performance. And if you're a menthol Junkie, you owe it to yourself to try it! You wont be sorry! :velva2:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is an excellent cream! IMHO, much more of a menthol blast than Proraso/C.O. Bigelow and is absolutely great for hot, humid weather. The scent is a refreshing, lemony one (to my nose) but maybe just a hair on the sweet/candy/cloying side but not overly so, I really enjoy it. The lather is superb, the shave is great, and I feel invigorated after using it. I highly recommend it if you can get your hands on some!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
My favorite Godrej cream. While the Rich Foam/Deluxe Lather has a better scent, this cream beats it because of the menthol blizzard that hits you right in the teeth.

If you're looking for cold, this beats Proraso. In terms of menthol it's several "degrees" colder and a true face-freezer. The cream itself is blue and has a moderately strong menthol and borax aroma -- unique, clean, and old school, though I can see how it might put some off.

Like all Godrej offerings it explodes with lather (as well as any cream on the market) and contains lanolin for extra glide. A great alternative to the now-discontinued Omega cream that used to contain lanolin. Gives a cool, slick, clean shave for around $2 a tube. If you ask me, that's pretty hard to beat.

Available at Amazon, ebay, and some other online shops that sell Indian creams.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Wow this cream is something else. You can get it online for around 2 or 3 bucks. The lather takes a minute to come together then boom. It explodes forming a thick rich minty lather. This is VERY cooling, so cooling that I almost rinsed off the cream thinking it was going to burn. I got a great, cool shave, its up there with some the best creams. After the shave I had a frost bite sensation. I will be trying the lime next, I'm sure that will be great too.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I love the cool kick Godrej gives from the moment you apply the cream the mint cooling becomes more intense, I followed this up with Aqua Velva Ice Blue. Burrrrrrrrrr. Due to the low price I think Godrej is a great value.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I use it either by itself if I am looking for a cool shave. Of late the favorite is to superlather it along with the Godrej Shave Round with an Omega Pro brush for rich, thick and slick lather, clean it all up with a Gold Slant and 7 O'Clock Super Platinum black blade.. BBS !!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I was using the lime version of Godrej and while it works extremely well, the scent is not good. This stuff has a clean scent and the menthol just smacks you upside the head and makes for a very cool shave. I was using Proraso when I wanted a little menthol, and this stuff blows it out of the water. Plus it gives a better shave! I think the medicinal smell of Proraso must be the eucalyptus, which seems missing from the Godrej. That's fine - this stuff works beautifully. Do yourself a favor. Try some Godrej. If you love menthol, you will love this!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This stuff is great - more cooling than any cream I've tried (outside of my one artisan cream), nice lanolin slip and moisturizing, pleasant scent, and good grief only $2 USD a tube from Reliance Service in Chicago on ebay - yeah! To break things down a little: The cooling is far more than Proraso or Ingram (and I like both); the scent reminds me of suntan lotion, not what I'd prefer, but enjoyable; the lanolin isn't quite what Ingram has, but very comparable. I'd describe this stuff, really, as a kick *** substitue for Ingram that is actually superior in some ways, not all, but some. The tube is only 70g (about 1.75 oz? I think I'm close), but again at two bucks, and if you travel a lot, bon voyage LOL. A very comfortable shave.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I was already a fan of the original Godrej cream before trying the Menthol Mist, and I must say that it's a much better cream in a lot of ways- except for scent. The scent of this cream is a weird citrusy Mr. Clean scent. Something I'd rather mop the floors with than shave with, but the menthol burst more than makes up for any of it's shortcomings. Which is a shame as I absolutely love the smell of the original Godrej.

This is a cream for serious menthol addicts. People who can't handle Proraso need not apply as it makes Proraso seem like it contains no menthol at all by comparison. You have to use a bit of cream to really get a nice lather going which I find to be similar with Proraso, and once it's applied to your face you may be thinking "I don't think this even has menthol in it." After your first pass, you'll know for sure as it's almost like you rinsed with Osage rub. If you skimp on this $1.99 cream when lathering, then you're missing out.

If you're a straight razor type of guy though, you may wish to look elsewhere. I've found that all Godrej cream is not the friendliest to the straight razor face as it offers almost no protection. I get more nicks and weepers with Godrej than anything else in my rotation so that might be something to take into consideration. I make up for this by using it in a super lather combination with p160 as it has a faint smell.

It's $1.99, it comes in a travel-friendly amount of 70g in a small tube, it whips up a very thick and luxurious lather with very little effort, and it turns your face into an Antarctic glacier. What's not to fall in love with here?
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This was a pleasant surprise - an unassuming Indian cream that can hang with the big boys in performance and has more menthol than any three tubes of Proraso. Contains lanolin and glycerin, too, so it's gentle and surprisingly moisturizing. Apparently it's been around since 1912!

Price/Quality/Packaging: $1.99 a tube from Reliance Service on eBay (recommended - these guys can't be making too much money on the cream - I bought four assorted tubes for $16 including shipping, and the package cost them $8 to ship!). Comes in an nice protective box; the tube itself is metallic-look plastic, quite pleasant but not an ornate beauty like some of the English creams. Quality ingredients and unassuming packaging make this a great everyday cream.

Latherability/Efficacy/Moisturizing: Excellent to superb. This makes a rather dense, low lather, not a pillowy bowl-filler like Taylor's. It's slick and cushioning nonetheless and gave a very nice, irritation free shave. Moisturizing, but not as good as Taylor's avocado or Musgo Real. I think this cream soundly beats Arko, the most talked about bargain cream, in both performance and scent.

Scent: This is a very sharp, medicinal menthol smell, very drug-store, not soothing or refined but not unpleasant either. More menthol than Proraso, more than Omega, this cream is all about the face-freezing menthol goodness. And freeze your face it will - it was soothingly cold while I had the lather on my face, but a post-shave splash of cool tapwater activated the flavor cyrstals or something because it felt like I had just dunked my head in a bucket of ice. Pretty awesome for menthol lovers, others might wish to steer clear. VERY refreshing!

For $1.99 you can't really lose with this cream. I'm also reasonably sure that it's free of animal products and kosher (although now that I'm writing this I can't find the reference, so I'm not certain). A neat find, can't wait to try the other flavors I ordered!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)