What's new

Godrej Lime Shave Cream

Pros: Very Few
Cons: Poor slickness
for me the red tube's cream yields a poor lather with little slickness. After three passes, I can still feel stubble on my face and neck. I am using a fresh blade that has been corked and stoped. None of my previous tube crreams--including the Godrej product in the dark red tube--have ever yielded so poor a lather.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
I am from India, so I get it for less than a dollar here, I use it almost regularly, the fragrance part is a bit dull, but the lather and glide is simply great. It remains stable for 3 passes. In India it is cheaper than anything.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Great lather, nice lime-lemon smell
Cons: harder to find
My country has large Indian community because of that, India most export everywhere in the world.First the green package, just a cardboard box and a lamintated plastic tube. still includes lanolin for greater blade glide.

It lathers easily and holds stable for 3 pass shave, it smells like flime juice squeezed in.

not bad for a little cost
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great lather, nice scent, and cheap
Cons: Hard to find in North America
Although I prefer the mentholated of Godrej cream there's nothing wrong with this stuff either. It lathers in no time and has a very pleasant lemony-lime scent. Its moisturizing sort of falls short of the mark, but I use a moisturizer after every shave anyway so it's not that serious. I paid a measly 2 bux for this cream from a guy in Europe, so it's certainly no budget-buster. I wish it was available here in North America more readily but unfortunately it isn't.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This cream is a top quality product.Lather is great,lubricity is great and your skin feels brilliant once you have finished your shave.I was about to purchase T+H West Indian Lime s/c when I opted for this instead and am glad I did. I find the scent and performance very similar to T+H but costs you much less.If you enjoy a lime shaving cream you have to give this one a try. :thumbup1:
A friend just brought me some Godrej creams and soaps home from India.
It cost him nothing so it cost me nothing!
The Lime cream is great.
Quality is excellent.
Scent, not as good as a Mama Bear soap but very good.
It lathered quite nicely and did not take much either.
Efficacy, excellent. Produced a nice slick shaving surface.
It did a good job at moisturizing my face and neck.
Packaging, nice box and regular plastic tube container in a lively bright lime color.

Overall a very nice cream.

John
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I really love this cream, it's Godrej quality.
Only down point is for the scent, it's a very light lime scent.
Except that the lather and the skincare is top notch.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
What can I say? It's great. It's very creamy. Not foamy. The razor just glides over my face and head. It lathers wonderfully and goes a long way.:thumbup:
It smells good. The packaging is simple and not wasteful.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I found this cream after a great deal of searching in an Indian grocery in Sydney. The price was $1.00 Aud for 20 grammes which is reasonable. The best thing about this cream is the scent which is very attractive and more akin to what you would expect from a 'higher end' product. The lather produced was fine with good cushion and no irritation. I amazed that it's not more widely available here in Australia seeing we have such a sizeable Indian community.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I'm not feeling real creative, so I will just cover the cream point by point. Sorry! :biggrin:

Price; I bought this from The Shave Den. At $8 for 70mL, it's considerably more expensive than Speick. People sometimes slam Speick cream for it's high price per unit volume, but not this stuff. I guess it just doesn't have the exposure Speick does. I think it's much too expensive. I tried pricing it other places like Desistores, but it's still steep for what you get. Especially when you consider it's well under $1 in India. Add shipping to the $8 and you are getting to be VERY pricy for what is supposed to be a cheap cream.

Quality; No complaints here. My shave is awesome. Good lather, great glide. Altogether a wonderful cream.

Scent; Weird. If you are in the right frame of mind or under the influence of mind altering chemicals you might get a whiff of lime. The scent is not BAD, but it's not very much like lime.

Latherability; Awesome.

Efficacy; Also awesome.

Moisturizing; Umm, awesome. This stuff has lanolin in it, so beware. Lanolin creams are fantastic for shaving, but if you are allergic to it you will not be a happy camper.

Packaging; Foil tube in a cardboard box. What can you say about packaging up a tube???

All in all I would have been much more satisfied if it was half the price. When there are creams like Wars available for a fraction of the price which work just as well, this stuff just is not worth the dosh. I'm going to enjoy the tube I have, but when it's gone there will be no replacement unless I can find a very cheap source.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)