What's new

Goat's Milk & Chamomile Shaving Soap

Pros: Local Product (Australia)
Cons: Not easily available, performance is mediocre
I got a sample that was sent to me by Mark1966. It took me a while to review it but I finally got to it. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much after reading Legion's review above.

I tried to hand lather a few times yesterday to know what to expect. The lather seemed "OK" but nothing great... This morning was the big day. I had a puck of unscented glycerine soap on the side that was ready in case of. I keep it to superlather when I get a product that doesn't work at all. I did not use it.

I would say that the lather was mediocre, no explosion but there was lather. It protected my skin but barely. I got a BBS shave but the shave itself felt very ordinary. I face lathered with the sample I had.

The scent is nice, the chamomile flower isn't too strong or weak. It was a clean scent.

Would I recommend this product? No. It works but nothing great. There are many products out there that work way better IMO. If you don't mind using a second soap to give the soap that lift it doesn't have, then, you might like it!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Pros: Smells quite nice, different and unique.
Cons: Thin lather with no cushion
I'll start by saying that I really wanted to like this product. Australia does not have a huge amount of home grown shaving products. Most of the quality stuff we get is imported from overseas. So when I was given an opportunity to test this product I had my fingers crossed.

When I opened my little sample pot, kindly donated by fellow Aussie member Mark, my first impressions were good. The soap had a strong scent, lavender being most prominent to my nose, but with cedar undertones. The smell is strong, but not overly feminine, and it is obvious essential oils have been used.

The soap is semi hard, kind of like Proraso, and that usually works just fine for me.

Where the problems arose were in the lather department. Unfortunately I found the lather to be too light and airy for my tastes. I really didn't get the feeling of cushion and protection that I do with my favourite soaps, and by the end of the shave my face felt tight and a little beaten up. I also hoped that it might be less drying than it is, listing goats milk as an ingredient, but sadly...

As I said, I really wanted this product to work for me. I even tried it three times, twice with different straight razors, and once with a DE, but each time was much the same.

In short, while I appreciate the opportunity to try this new product for myself, I can't in all honesty recommend it in its current formulation. As I sit here typing my face feels tight and my shave is not BBS, simply because I did not feel confident doing more passes than I did with that lather.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)