What's new

Glenrothes 1989 12 y.o.

Item Description

The packaging is what caught my eye, but the aroma and the smoothness remind me of Macallan 18, just at a much lower price (well, at the time I bought this off the shelves anyway).

Lightly sweet and spicy with a moderately long finish.

Note: There were multiple bottlings of the Glenrothes 1989. I've tried the 11y.o. "bottled in 2001" and the 12 y.o. "bottled in 2003". The extra year in the sherry casks does a lot to smooth the edges. The 11 y.o. is still a somewhat raw whisky. Add just a few drops of water to open it up and its nice, but the 12 yo is fine neat.

Latest reviews

The packaging is what caught my eye, but the aroma and the smoothness remind me of Macallan 18, just at a much lower price (well, at the time I bought this off the shelves anyway).

Lightly sweet and spicy with a moderately long finish.

Note: There were multiple bottlings of the Glenrothes 1989. I've tried the 11y.o. "bottled in 2001" and the 12 y.o. "bottled in 2003". The extra year in the sherry casks does a lot to smooth the edges. The 11 y.o. is still a somewhat raw whisky. Add just a few drops of water to open it up and its nice, but the 12 yo is fine neat.
Aroma
4.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Value
3.00 star(s)
Flavor
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
jpolz
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Consumables (Reviews)

• Glendrostan Blended Scotch Whisky
    A humble review of a scotch whisky that is blended from a recipe prior...
  • Silver Bayou Rum
    "Silver Bayou Rum is proofed with triple filtered fresh water...
  • [Shiraz]
    There are several different varieties of this from Rosemont Estate...
  • Choklat
    A chocolate stout that tastes like chocolate. A rich stout that tastes...
  • Blue Cap
    Brewed in Belgium by Trappist Monks. Bold, Full Bodied, Sweet, and...
Top Bottom