What's new

Giorgio for Men

I remember when girls at my school reeked of Giorgio in the 80s. I received a bottle of Giorgio men when I was in 8th grade for a b-day present. At the time I thought it was too sickly sweet....but I was way over-applying it....just like everybody was doing at the time. :001_rolle

The trick is wear this only during the winter months. Giorgio does not mix well with sweat and humidity/heat for some reason...at least on me. Also... I do not spritz on my clothes. Giorgio has amazing staying power and I can even smell this stuff on my shirt after a wash...no kidding!

A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY....

I wet my hands and spray one spritz into the palm of my hand. This way I can "cut" it a little. I then apply to my neck and face and thats it. It lasts all day. The subdued fashion that I wear it in draws complements all the time. :001_cool:

Enjoy!
My mother bought this for my father when I was very young and I still have his bottle. The juice has turned a dark brown as opposed to green but the notes are much the same

As said, yes, this is DEFINITELY a powerhouse; one tiny spritz is not only enough, it can even be overpowering. Patchouli is huge in this one, so it's definitely something to look at if you're a fan of the hippie juice. Moss, cedar, tonka, musk and a bit of sandalwood are subtle but still noticeable in the background. Despite the price, the notes are VERY well blended in this complex concoction.

Now, let's talk about longevity: it's easily one of my longest lasting scents. If you wear it, expect your clothing and skin to completely absorb it and last until your next shower. A bottle should last you a lifetime, practically; ultra strong juice + unreal longevity = very economical. Like LA mentioned, the stuff actually gets STRONGER after a while.

By the way, I don't really wear scents for women, but I'm ALWAYS complimented when wearing this. Women really seem to love it, all the way from young to middle-aged. Just something to consider, I suppose...

Addendum: Did I mention this stuff is VERY strong? I'm not talking a couple light spritz here, I'm talking you'd probably want to get a few DROPS out of the spritzer at first and test it all day. This is especially the case considering it's summer. Also, it's probably not the best idea for office or close-quarters wear because it has amazing sillage.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I'd seen this scent chatted up in Basenotes by some of the other guys who love the 1980s powerhouse scents. Finally threw in the towel to try this one. It can be had very reasonably online, and it offers a lot of bang for the buck. Probably an underrated scent because to some people, it's going to smell a bit dated.

But what a champ this is.

It's a moss bomb like a lot of those 80s wonders. Be careful with the dose, it starts quiet and gets much louder as it develops.

It's strong, but has a much more refined smell that one usually associates with the 80s power scents.

Like a lot of my favorite scents, it's hard to pin the scent to any one of the notes. Things are working in pretty nice harmony here. Comes off more mossy and green-ish than anything else to me.

Top notes: Aldehydes, orange, pimento, fruity notes and bergamot
Middle notes: Carnation, sandalwood, patchouli, cinnamon, orris root, cedar and rose
Base notes: Honey, tonka bean, amber, musk, benzoin, oakmoss and vanilla.

(It's from a company called Giorgio of Beverly Hills, not to be confused Armani)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)