What's new

Ginger's Garden Soothing After Shave Gel

I'm a fan of everything I've received from Ginger's Garden, INMO her stuff is better and cheaper than all of the mass produced consumables out there. She's in Palm Springs, which makes her local for me, lessening the environmental impact of having stuff shipped from across the Atlantic in a container ship.

I love this stuff. If you have a rough shave this thick, but surprisingly light and dry, gel will cool the burn and calm the red. I'm not sure if she reformulated it since the other two reviews, but it doesn't have a burn now at all, and in fact has no alcohol, only witch hazel, aloe, and a bunch of other soothing ingredients.

It is a gel, so it does go on thicker than an AS splash, but after it does its job of cooling, dissipates on the skin, leaving it clean and dry for the application of moisturizer or additional product.

The scent is minimal, a refreshing mint.

Price is great $10 for 4 ounces, much cheaper than any AS you are going to get that has packaging touting that some inbred Brit once applied it to their royal razor burn. :lol:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I'll agree that it burns - it burned me so much I never went back. Maybe it would have faded but my face said GET IT OFF GET IT OFF so I'm not interested in the experiment.

I had thought it was just sensitivity to one ingredient - there are a lot of great products I can't use because of sensitive skin - but maybe if others are having similar experiences it's not just my skin.
From the website: Our light and refreshing aloe-based after shave gel is alcohol-free and was formulated to help close pores after shaving. Scented with uplifting Grapefruit with a touch of Mint. Can be used from the fridge for an extra cooling experience. (Note: also available in Lime & Yuzu)

This product delivers. It does what it says it will do and more. The product repairs the the face even if you have shaved your worst. This is my go to repair kit for weepers, scrapes, new razors trials, new techniques, or the haul-*** early morning late shave. If you have just about killed yourself, no problem.

A word of caution...It burns like a mother. But in a "yes, may I have another" kind of way. It does not burn like an alcohol splash. The burn is entirely different. It is enough to let you know that something big is happening and then it fades quickly. Maybe it is the citrus? Then your face tones tightly and redness evaporates. The best thing is it is dirt cheap.

I have pale skin and wear a neck tie a lot. This stuff saves me many mornings. This is what I always hoped many famous alcohol splashes would be like, but the alcohol does not agree with me.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)