What's new

Gillette Super Thin Platinum(Vietnam G)

Item Description

Straight out of Ho Chi Minh Vietnam comes Gillette Super Thin Platinum blades. These are new production and most likely made in Vietnam. I ordered some of these from German Ebay and price for pack of five blades was just under 0,50 EUR.

Package is made out of paper is nice ecological and blades are double wrapped. This must be the only good point using these :)

I tried these on Gillette slim, Gillette Rocket, Merkur HD and on Merkur Futur. This blade wasnt good on any of these razors. First impression was dull and blade started to skip almost on the first draw. I actually managed to get 2 shaves out of these with some practise, but after switching back to Derby, I never looked back.

Shaving with these felt like using seven shaves old Swedish G. Smoothness is there but blade just isnt sharp anymore.

I rank these just above Merkur blades which I hate, but buying these isnt worth in any price.

Latest reviews

Pros: Cool looking box
Cons: Worst blade I've ever tried
I can't believe that some people like this blade, but perhaps that is due to the razor they use. I used a Muhle R89. I used the Vietnamese version of this blade, and it is by far the worst blade I've tried in the R89. Very dull, rough, and lots of tugging on the first shave. Seriously, the first shave with this blade was worse than a week old [insert your third-favorite blade here]. I used three blades (each for four shaves), and then after the first shave on my fourth blade I decided to give up. I won't use the last blade in the box, and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Just awful!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Wonderful blades!
Exactly the same as the Thai Super Thins in my opinion and on par with the Red Israeli Personna blades.
In my opinion the Vietnamese Super Thins actually last a bit longer than the Personna so therefore are a great value.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Recently i ordered 2 Gillette Super Click razor and there was a blade coming whit each of those razor.
So i gave a try to the blades.
I would say it's not the sharpest blade around but enough smooth for me to like them.
I get a 2 pass + touch-ups BBS whit those without any irritation.
They are quite cheap , you can get them for 15$/50 blades.
The packaging is great, a bit old school, whit the face of King Gillette on it.
I recommend them.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave