What's new

Gillette Super Nacet; Platinum Coated

Travelling at the moment in Malaysia and bought some of these. Not too bad at all. They are not the sharpest blades but not a huge problem, obviously affects the smoothness of the shave. I'd say a great beginners blade, you won't cut yourself with these even if you tried.

- Aaron
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
One of my favourite blades at the moment.

Price: Very good, I got them in with a sampler, but from what I've found on ebay these aren't going to break the bank, unlike Merkur's (they are also a damn sight better than Merkur's too IMHO).

Quality: Very Good, certainly nothing to really complain about, only reason I knocked a point off was that they had 4 spot of glue on one side on some blades? This just annoys me as it sticks them into my razor.

Sharpness: Very good again, not as sharp as feathers, but certainly not bargain basement blunt, they are just right on the sharpness for me (I find with feathers although I get a lovely shave, my face is red for a couple of hours, unlike these :D ). So sharpness not always a great indicator of how good they'll be, these certainly do fine for me :D

Longevity: I only got 3 shaves out of this blade, before I binned it, although I'm sure it could have done another one, but I wouldn't personally risk it for the sake of a few pence...

Smoothness: Again good, perhaps as I have mentioned above not as smooth as some blades, but certainly not a "tuggy", "pully" shave by any means.

Packaging: What more do you need than to get it home and keep it dry, the box and double wrappers do this great :D

Overall I'd recommend them if you get the chance, I'll also try and get a picture up when I can scan the box.

PS if these are covered elsewhere just delete this bit, I looked but couldn't find this exact type.

Tom

Whoever put the pic in THANKS! :D
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)