What's new

Gillette Slim Twist

Pros: price
Cons: balance
I wanted to try a slim twist and I did. It probably will never make my regular rotation, but it's not terrible for a mild, light razor. I love the handle length, but even with the right angle and feedback I still left a lot behind with each pass. I'm not a hug fan of the twist dial being right up next to the head (fat fingers) but it's not difficult to operate and at the price I paid, it's still better than a lot of modern day razors.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
1.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
I have a Rotbart 2000 and from what I've learnt on the forum it is something of a German version of this one. Anyway my Rotbart looks exactly the same.
It is the best razor I have had sofar (but then I have only 3 :001_smile). For me the balance is perfect, as it has a long handle and a heavy head. I do not know about agressiveness and how to tell, so I have put this on N/A.
Get one :thumbup1:
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
1.00 star(s)
5.00 star(s)
A great razor!
Very easy to use, not aggressiv at all.
I think it's a very good razor to start with when you are a newbie
You quite often find this slim in flea market in Belgium or France.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
1.00 star(s)
5.00 star(s)
I got this razor as part of a small lot of razors, I probably wouldn't have bought it on it's own due to it's lack of aesthetic value for me.

proxy.php

My impressions:

Price
I got it dirt cheap

Quality
Quality is a hard term to define, for me the plastic handle of this razor (which btw has none of the cracks often seen on these razors) makes this razor look cheap and "disposeable", the metal parts are nicely fitted and the plating is good. From a functional point of view the razors is high quality; everything works nice and smoothly - but the overall impression of the razor is that it is somewhat "cheap"

User Friendly
This is perhaps the most overall userfriendly safety razor I have ever tried. It would no doubt be a perfect beginner's razor

Grip
Ugly - but very comfortable and grippable

Nothing is better than a TTO razor in this category. Blade allignment is perfect

Aggressiveness
Very mild, a bit too mild for my taste, but again; perfect for a beginner

Balance
Heavy head, light handle - perfect balance for me

All in all this is a nice shaver with it's looks going against it. IMHO it would be the perfect beginner's razor, as it is very mild, easy to handle and can be found very cheap. I would always recommend a 40's Super Speed over this to the beginner - but if you are on a tight budget; the Slim Twist might just be what you are looking for.

Regards.

Jakob
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
1.00 star(s)
5.00 star(s)
A surprisingly good shave from this razor. Bought as a coincidence as it was part of a travel grooming kit from eBay. A Gentle shave not aggressive , the longer ridges handle giving a very good non slip grip and good control, despite all the positives I find this razor aesthetically lacking and I prefer the weight of the Merkur adjustable which is my go to razor
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
5.00 star(s)
I also have one of these and use it in rotation with my five other razors. It is fairly light but gives a great shave and the balance is wonderful. A gem of a razor!

Cheers,
Martin
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
5.00 star(s)
I bought this for almost nothing just to try it out but it cleaned up so beautifully that I'll keep it.
I've been a wet shaver all my life but until a few months ago used gillette twin blade disposables. Lately I've favoured the Slim and the 1948/50 Superspeed and didn't get on so well with the Fat Boy (too fat, that boy!).
My expectations with the Slim Twist were not enormous, but it astonished me by delivering a spectacularly smooth, easy and close shave.
I was using it with my Simpsons Chubby 2 in best, Tabac soap and a new Derby blade.
The Slim Twist's long thin handle balances the razor superbly and although it is light weight, it does not feel insubstantial. There is a great sense of controlling the razor, rather than being controlled by it.
The Slim Twist is the second British razor I've bought and the quality of these Brits seems outstanding.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)