What's new

Gillette Platinum

Pros: 🪒
• Good balance of smooth and sharp
• Very comfortable shave
• Beginner-friendly
Cons: 🪒
◦ Not the cheapest
I got a set off Amazon. They were not the cheapest at the time, but, seems to be around the range of other reputable blades in the site. I really enjoyed these blades as it gave me a smooth and comfortable shave with little to no irritation. It struck a good balance for me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)

Attachments

• Gillette_Plat3.jpg
    Gillette_Plat3.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 51
  • Gillette_Plat2.jpg
    Gillette_Plat2.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 47
  • Gillette_Plat.jpg
    Gillette_Plat.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Pros: Smooth, sharp and usable for several shaves.
Cons: Expensive and not easy to find.
I liked the feel immediately. I would say it is on par with an Astra sp but much more expensive. It is probably a little sharper than an Astra, but not as smooth. At least as long lasting but not 2 times as long. If I could find a great price on these, I would buy a bunch for my lest aggressive razors. That is where the sharpness really shines.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Yes they are the same blades. I sent to them to Shyrlock. I think these blades are excellent. I didn't get them from Dr.Idiot, but my father got me some on a trip to the the Persian Gulf. These are sharp and smooth.
Hi ,

Can we get a confirmation if these are the same as those reported here:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=99766

they seem to be identical blades? However, the reviews are in stark contrast.

Doesn't help. I am a fan of swedes and would like to purchase some gillette platinums that look like the pictures show in the above 2 links but I don't know which review to go on :(

Cheers
I am new enough to this hobby that I have not had the luxury of owning any of the famed, "Swedes". I am told that these blades are exactly the same, just made in Russia...and I believe it! I experienced the smoothest nick-free shave I've had thus far. The blade just glides over my skin & tough beard with no trouble.

I only gave a "7" for price, because they are hard to find and expensive. They come in a cardboard package and also have the infamous Russian glue spots, so I marked down on the packaging as well. Otherwise, this is one smooth ride!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)