What's new

Gillette Blue Blades

Item Description

Gillette blue blades are no longer in production. The blade is a carbon steel blade, coated with a blue coating. These blades will rust, and they do not last as long as the stainless varieties of blades.

However, these are the smoothest blades I have used. The very first time I tried one, I did not believe the blade was actually doing anything. The pass was so smooth and comfortable. Once finished, I checked my face - zero irratiation and an incredible shave. In my experience, the only closer and smoother shave I have obtained was from a barber using a straight razor decades ago.

:thumbup:

Latest reviews

Without going into whether I use these blades or not, I'd like to simply point out that genuine Gillette Super Blues are, in fact, being manufactured under license in China. I currently live in China and I can buy them in a couple of places.

Current retail price in USD: $0.25 / pack of 5
Double-wrapped in the old Gillette Blue packaging (with some additional writing that says in Chinese what it says in English), blade isn't blue and it is stainless steel rather than carbon steel, but that does mean they keep an edge for a very long time. In quality terms they are good blades.

If anyone wants some, get in touch and I'll see if it's possible to arrange something. No promises though, because postage here can be tricky. Note I am not selling these, and I am not a vendor.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Pros: It was free
Cons: Horrible shave
One of the worse shaves I have had. The old packaging with King Gillette on them was pretty neat but the blades were awful. My unsharpened Rapide blade was better. Much tugging and pulling.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Gillette blue blades are no longer in production. The blade is a carbon steel blade, coated with a blue coating. These blades will rust, and they do not last as long as the stainless varieties of blades.

However, these are the smoothest blades I have used. The very first time I tried one, I did not believe the blade was actually doing anything. The pass was so smooth and comfortable. Once finished, I checked my face - zero irratiation and an incredible shave. In my experience, the only closer and smoother shave I have obtained was from a barber using a straight razor decades ago.

:thumbup:
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave