What's new

Gillette Barber Shop Clean

Smell is terrific, that is about all it has going for it. Found it to be very dry, and poor lubrication. I don't know why TOBS couldn't use this fragrance for their Shave Shop cream, a/s and cologne.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
The scent is absolutely iconic barbershop!!:thumbup:

If this scent came in an aftershave and/or cologne, I would buy it by the case. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

I find that if I need a quick, dependable shave, Foamy Barbershop Clean fits the bill (with a Gillette Super Speed and RP Personna). Also, I get a great shave without alot of scraping and no more effort than usual.

I wish my Walgreens carried it, however, I purchased a 12 can case from Amazon for $23.25 and shipped free. Great Price.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
neli;1208028 said:
and clubman aftershave after this
heaven

+1

Understand that yes, this is canned goo.
Okay, that being what it is, among canned goos, this one is not bad.
When you're rushed, really want/need that shave but gotta run, so can't make time for soap/cream, this is what you need.

:shaving:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Hard to believe we're actually reviewing and rating canned goo around here.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
and clubman aftershave after this
heaven
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I like this, a lot. It's not as slick as it could be, so it loses points there. But the smell- man, I love it!

If they only made this in a soap...
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Agree 100% on the scent. It is wonderful. But I have to disagree on the efficacy, as this is just mediocre to average. A thick, soft foam with no lubrication, which is the biggest advantage to a water-based lather as opposed to a gel or foam. You can get a close shave with it, but it requires effort and a lot of scraping.

But if you can spare $2.50 and need something for a quick brushless shave with a a GREAT powdery, masculine barbershop scent, it's worth a go.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Love the barber shop, but can't seem to replicate the experience? Then look no further than Gillette Barber Shop Clean!

Okay, so I know you're rolling your eyes thinking this is a lame attempt to boast about an "inferior" product, but let me assure you that I have used the best of the best, and I would never let my B&B brethren down.

The thing that attracted me to Gillette Barber Shop Clean was the fact that I found it in a local Walgreens, and there is not any mention of it on the Gillette website, leading me to believe that it must be somewhat exclusive. I have probably more creams than any man will ever need, yet I am always willing to try a new product. It's probably one of the best impulsive purchases that I have ever made!

I unfortunately suffer from very tough beard hair, so not every cream really works for me. Gillette Barber Shop Clean, however, is one of the few creams that really softens my beard hair for a very close shave. I normally use it in the shower, as this helps with my shaving routine. My razor effortlessly glides over my face, leaving a clean and comfortable shave with zero irritation.

The smell alone is what makes this product worth it. If you've ever been to an old-school barber for a straight edge shave, then you'll instantly agree once you use it. It's not overbearing, but just the right level so you'll feel as though you're in the barber's chair without leaving your bathroom! I've searched high and low for such a scent, and who knew that I would find it with Gillette!

It's a great product at a cheap price...perfect if you need to buy something locally without breaking the wallet. If you're willing to accept the fact that it's a store-bought product, then you'll be pleasantly surprised by just how good of a shave you can get. It's like going to the barber shop, without leaving your bathroom sink!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)