What's new

Gillette Aftershave Gel for Sensitive Skin

Item Description

I was very surprised when I saw no one had reviewed this product previously. But then it's not fancy, it just does a quiet job of soothing your skin. One of the problems I had when using electrics was my neck was always irritated from the effort required to get a smooth shave, and this always helped. But now that I am using DEs this is even better. A gentle aroma and just a little tingle sooth my skin even after a close shave and if you ever get a biting blade this stuff will help soooooo much. Priced absolutely right at just about any grocery or department store, a medium sized plastic bottle that travels well and leaves your skin feeling good. There are fancier balms, and some with more elegant fragrances, but this is one product that should be in every shaver's kit. For the price you cannot go wrong here.

Latest reviews

Pros: Cheap, readily available, TSA-friendly
Cons: Leaves my skin feeling a bit sticky
This ASB was surprisingly good for the $2 I paid. I needed an AS that I could carry on an airplane. This 75 mL bottle is TSA-friendly. The scent is thoroughly modern and very similar to Gillette Cool Wave. The balm is nice and smooth and absorbs quickly, although it does leave my skin feeling a bit tacky. For me, this will be more of a winter ASB.

Overall, it's good, not great. But at this price point it may be one of the better bargains out there.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
You know, when i switched to DE I gave my Edge Gel to my wife but, kept this aftershave in my medicine cabinet. I'm happy I didn't toss it when I made the transition. Actually, it works great! Much better than the more expensive 3 T's I've had samples of. It is also alcohol-free, has a pleasant scent, very soothing, moisturizes well and is not too greasy-feeling. On some level, I thought I'd be leaving this brand behind because I assumed that more expensive balms and products made for DE would be better. WRONG!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I got that after shave last week when i made a visit with my gf to the local pharmacy, the bottle was in the clearance section at 1$, so i took , at 1$ you have not much to loose.
After having used it i can say it's even better than the modern Gillette Fusion gel, it smells better and it's quite cooling.
I recommend it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn