What's new

Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp Stainless

Pros: very little irritation
Cons: everything else
This blade is just not very good. It does offer little irritation, but at the cost of a very poor shave. I typically get a week out of my regular blade (Personna blue). I got 2 not very good shaves from this blade. It left behind a lot of stubble and there just didn't seem to be any number of passes that would cure it. After I was done with my typical 3 pass shave I had to go over the same areas with a cheap Personna twin blade throw-a-way razor to remove the stubble. You know, the grey ones you buy at the dollar tree? I should have just shaved with it instead. I cannot recommend this blade on any level.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Inexpensive
Cons: Not smooth
I didn't really care for these blades. The shave they give me is actually pretty good, maybe even great. It's the getting there that is not so pleasant. These blades seem rough to me, always tugging and pulling on my coarse hair. They do retain this sharpness for a number of shaves, but I've never gotten to their ending point before I get tired of using them.

If you have a less coarse beard than most, feel free to give these a try. They may suit you.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: can get 4 shaves per blade
Cons: Not smooth at all
All the same till this point I've never disliked a blade up to now.
Blade was like shaveing with blunt carbon. Im sure out in India better blades are
Made. I can see this being as that included a permasharp Black in every package.
Some may like this blade, just not for me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Of all the blades sold under the 7 o'clock brand, these are the worst for me. While they sharp enough, I found them to be rough and uncomfortable. The shaves I got were ok, but the blade caused redness and irritation. Imho it's to be rated well below the other 7 o'clock blades.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
I'm relatively new to DE shaving (about 6 months) and am working my way through the blade options. My favorites so far have been the 7 O'Clock SP, and know that others seem to like these green as well as the yellow boxes so I ordered a 5 pack of these. Wow. Mistake. After the first shave I remarked to my fiancee that I could relate to the first prehistoric human who ever thought to shave--the experience was very close to what I imagine scraping my face with a sharpened oyster shell must have felt like. Knowing that first shaves can be a bit rougher, I gave it another day, with the same results, so I could not rate longevity. No thank you. I understand why these are slightly cheaper than the other Indian 7 O'Clocks.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
These are very good blades. Not exactly my favourite. They are very sharp and long-lasting, they are also quite smooth, but the Indian black Super Platinums are smoother. There is a very distinctive difference between these two Indian blades. Whereas the Permasharp works more or less in all my 11 razors, the black Super Platinums work only in my Gillette razors. I think that's why they receive bad comments from time to time. The price of the Permasharp is 28 Rs a pack, and the Super Platinums 39 Rs. So the bottom line for me is that the Permasharp has wider compatibility, but if you have a Gillette razor like a Tech or a SuperSpeed go for the Super Platinums and probably you'll feel they are smoother.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I tried these blades and found them not to shave me very smoothly. They seem to scratch on my skin and give me a lot of irritation, redness and nicks.
I must clarify that I am a newbie that is rotating different brands to find the perfect for me.
Maybe in the next Permasharps use I will find out that the problem in in my hand, not in the blades.
Regards.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
These blades are tied for my overall favorite with the 7 O'Clock SharpEdge.

Price - Good price for what you get
Quality - No complaints
Sharpness - About two notches below a Feather
Longevity - 4-5 shaves
Smoothness - I have not found a smoother blade
Packaging - No problems here either

Buy them!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I agree completely. I could have written the same review word-for-word. Fine blades, sharp as Feathers and smooth as Derbys.
These are the best blades I have ever used. They are the only ones I use now.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Dunno about that specific glue, but lighter fluid may work.
Very similar to the Russian yellows, so I'll alter my review of those a bit where necessary:

These are darn near as sharp as I ever remember a feather being, and it was SMOOTH. Whereas the feather is a bit rough, and can easily bite unpredictable, the yellow 7 o'clock glides across my face smooth and easy, and these Indian greens are at least as smooth (if anything, maybe a bit smoother). If you like the yellows, or the swedes, you'll probably like these.

At $26(ish) for 100 they are very reasonable in price for the 10-15+ shaves I can get from them (very careful to dry the blade post-shave, so as to prohibit any rust/oxidation from lingering water). Highly recommended, give them a try if you get the chance.

I also feel the need to add, for any new wetshavers that may try either the 7 o'clock blades once or twice and end up with a bad shave: these sharper blades do not tolerate bad technique well, the "zero pressure" rule is extra important with these.

What I mean is, if you grab a Dorco ST-301, you can easily press too hard on your face and still not get cut. With a 7 o'clock, it's too sharp for this.

It's utterly smooth, but if you err and use pressure, or a wrong angle, you may well get cut. No pressure, proper angles, and you'll do fine. At least that's been my experience (full disclosure: I've yet to cut myself with a 7 o'clock). That combination of sharp + smooth is what allows these to cut like lasers, without being rough at all on the face.

The only minor negative? Those FOUR stinking glue spots on the blade. FOUR?! Sheesh. Someone shoot me a PM if you find an easy way to get rid of that glue.

Regards.

J
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)