What's new

Gilbert Henry Bay Rum Aftershave Balm

Pros: excellent bay rum scent and face feel.
Cons: none
My favorite balm hands down. IMO this is a "winter use" product but i've added menthol when i use this in hot weather.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: No Bay Rum aftershave close to this. Amazing smell and very soothing.
Cons: None
I've used Gilbert Henry products for years. The best smell of any Bay Rum aftershaves. Very soothing and top quality. Nice people to deal with. The price is very competitive. Good availability. Try the lavender, it is fantastic for sensitive skin with a not so prominent smell but still pleasant.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great at reducing redness, irritation; great scent
This is the best after shave balm/treatment I've used. It has a very nice bay rum scent - you smell the clove first, but that gives way quickly to a more subdued, woody quality. The scent doesn't linger, which for me is a good thing. I can apply it after the shave and then later add whatever other scent I want to wear that day without worries about a conflict.

But where this product really shines is in how it reduces redness and irritation. I had some chronically red areas on my neck and after a month using the Gilbert Henry, those areas have all but disappeared.

The price might seem high, but a little goes a long way, so a bottle will last a while. Plus the Gilbert Henry company ships for free domestically. You can also buy a travel/sample size for$9.95.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)