What's new

Geo F. Trumpers Marlborough Cologne

Pros: Nice deep manly scent
Cons: Price, not cheap at least to me
I'm not a frag guru, but that said the GFT Marlborough starts off with citrus and quickly goes to a very nice, slightly sweet, distinguished woodsy and smokey scent (cedar) that very slowly fades after several hours on me. My wife really likes this frag as do I. The round box and bottle are very nice and fitting of this frag. I keep the bottle in the box for safe keeping.
This is the most expensive frag I've purchased so far, but feel it was a very good choice. IMHO I would recommend it for an older person such as myself.
Rated the GFT Marlborough a 9 instead of a 10 due to price and no atomizer.

I also own D.R. Harris Marlborough and they are not very much a like. The D.R. Harris Marlborough is more smokey and stronger, almost a ridged tobacco scent while the GFT is smooth, more woodsy with the tobacco in the back ground .
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
This is one of my favorite Trumpers cologne. I like the scent just fine and find it refined and sophisticated.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
I have used this product for years. I do find it hard to find often. The scent can be overpowering if too much is applied. It is distinctive and will set you apart from your peers.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
I got this scent as part of my Trumpers Sampler pack. I was intrigued by the idea of the Marlborough Cologne because I love the smell of tobacco. I thought this would be nice pipe tobacco with a mixture of fine english scents.

Boy was I wrong. Fragrance is a very personal thing. I realize that. While some of Trumpers fragrances have not been my cup of tea, I still sing the virutes of their staying power, qulity, packaging, etc. All that is still present in the Marlborough Cologne but the scent I just can't take. It's truely awful. It doesn't smell like pipe tobacco, cigar tobacco, or even cheap cigarette tobacco. It smells like stale cigarette smoke trying to be covered up with floral air freshener. It is really unpleasant. In the spirit of good reviewing, I gave it a full week to see how it changes and develops over time. Not much hope their either. By the end of the day the tobacco starts wearing off and the nice floral scent peaks through. But if that's the case then why not just get a good floral scent?

I can't recommend this to anyone. The only saving grace was that I got a sample instead of paying for a bottle.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)